Newqida LGB Coach Conversions

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
dougrail
Driver
Driver

Post by dougrail » Sun May 29, 2016 10:55 pm

Peter Butler:118275 wrote:Beautifully detailed work on the coaches, they look the part, well done.
Thanks! The transfers were all commercial and the lining done with a ruler and lining pen.
merlin2:118279 wrote:Brilliant - they look superb - hard to believe what they started out as. A repaint of at least one of our two rakes is now definitely called for, but I will not be trying to emulate the artistry of yours.
Thanks Merlin.

My goal was to completely anglicise them as much as possible - I think this has been achieved with the German roof vents disbanded and replaced with GWR, followed by the European bar gates being superseded by proper gates - wooden frames sandwiching car repair mesh.

Repainting can be done quite easily; Halfords acrylics in the silver cans will be more than sufficient - primer, colours and lacquer. I have seen blood and custard renditions as well as my GWR take.
LNR:118280 wrote:A very professional looking repaint down to the last detail, superb finish.

Grant.
Thanks Grant. The painting was easy but also painstaking when it came to the masking. The lining was a trial - ensuring it was completely horizontal across he side of the bodies. I think I've got it good enough.

Now to run them :)

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:30 pm

I've just applied a second colour to the first of my coaches. I can agree with Doug that the masking off needs to be done carefully, but it is worth the effort. Next job is to tackle the lining! I shall be having a go with my lining pen on some plasticard I painted up before tackling a coach.

Ian