(WH)WHR Rolling Stock

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Andrew

Re: (WH)WHR Rolling Stock

Post by Andrew » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:09 am

Last week saw me complete the latest project, the two NWNGR/WHR slate wagons bashed from Lineside Hut kits, and the re-Ffestification of the Binnie kit that was previously representing that type of wagon. And here they are:

Slate wagons 1.jpg
Slate wagons 2.jpg
Slate wagons 3.jpg

I ought to get back to my carriage projects really, but I find building small wagons awfully distracting, and I could do with a few more WHR ones to make up an authentic train...

Cheers,

Andrew.

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:44 am

They all look great Andrew, particularly No. 38 showing years of hard work.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:32 am

Hi all,

More slate wagons underway here, this time on modified Phil Sharples flat wagon kits.

One will have a plastic strip representation of an iron body, using the jig I created for a similar wagon a while ago, and the other will be another all wooden one. Based on the few photos and relatively small amount of information about WHR/NWNGR slate wagons (of which there seemed to be a surprising variety) , both will have dummy "W" iron type axleguards rather than the Ffestiniog or pedestal sort. So far I've modified the chassis and built the bodies:

More slate wagons 2.jpg

I've also been experimenting with slate loads. I decided that life was a little short to make them, so purchased three sizes of Lineside Hut ones to experiment with modifying them (ie a little "cut and shut") to fit my WHR wagons. I'm pretty pleased with how they came out and will purchase some more in due course. If you look closely you can see the steel screws in the top to allow wagons to be loaded and unloaded with my fancy magnet on a stick device...

Slate load.jpg

I'm hoping to get some time to begin painting the new wagons at the weekend, and to start work on the axleguards, maybe...

Cheers,

Andrew.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:36 am

Nice slate loads Andrew. :thumbright:

The Jig looks brilliant and it seems to make the job of making the wagons a lot faster and easier.
Rod

Life is so easy when I run my trains. :thumbright:

🚂🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃

https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364