I ought to get back to my carriage projects really, but I find building small wagons awfully distracting, and I could do with a few more WHR ones to make up an authentic train...
More slate wagons underway here, this time on modified Phil Sharples flat wagon kits.
One will have a plastic strip representation of an iron body, using the jig I created for a similar wagon a while ago, and the other will be another all wooden one. Based on the few photos and relatively small amount of information about WHR/NWNGR slate wagons (of which there seemed to be a surprising variety) , both will have dummy "W" iron type axleguards rather than the Ffestiniog or pedestal sort. So far I've modified the chassis and built the bodies:
I've also been experimenting with slate loads. I decided that life was a little short to make them, so purchased three sizes of Lineside Hut ones to experiment with modifying them (ie a little "cut and shut") to fit my WHR wagons. I'm pretty pleased with how they came out and will purchase some more in due course. If you look closely you can see the steel screws in the top to allow wagons to be loaded and unloaded with my fancy magnet on a stick device...
I'm hoping to get some time to begin painting the new wagons at the weekend, and to start work on the axleguards, maybe...
The Jig looks brilliant and it seems to make the job of making the wagons a lot faster and easier.
Life is so easy when I run my trains.
https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests