Gauge One Rolling Stock in 1:32 scale

Discussion of Rolling Stock related topics should go here
Andrew

Re: Gauge One Rolling Stock in 1:32 scale

Post by Andrew » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:08 pm

Those are very impressive! I don't know much about the detail of SR carriages, but those look spot on. I like 'em all, but especially the vans, which are so distinctively Southern...

All the best,

Andrew.

angr607
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by angr607 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Day after we left lockdown mark 2 and I was at GMES running again! This time giving the newly built Ruston, Thanets and Continentals test running. Safe to say they all did very well! With the business winding down for the year, time to get some more stuff drawn up! Currently looking at a set of SR designed wagons in G1 but if there's time, I've got a load of other pre grouping to follow including the brake vans I've wanted for a while. The SECR Dance Hall, SR Queen Mary and LSWR Road van!

After a couple more coaches are built, I think that will be the personal side of the project complete annoyingly. While its great that the commercial side of me is now viewing Gauge one differently, still good to have gotten the personal stuff out the way before it goes full commercial. But that said, 3 coaches left before I've got enough personal stock to keep me busy plus a load of GWR wagons in time isn't a bad way to transition from Personal to Commercial. Just annoying that the 3 coaches need to be a different loading gauge to the rest of the coaches that will come with them so they match the existing coaches! Ah well.....

Ruston on a restricted test train of 2 Thanets and the Corridor Baggage Van

Ruston with full Thanet set and matching Baggage Van

Baguley running with the Thanets

Thanets sat in a siding

Baguley and Continentals ready for testing

Continentals during their first proper test run

Just need to crack on with other bits now! At least I've got some time to do it now.......

Jon
Bowaters Models:- http://www.bowatersmodels.co.uk

Current Projects:-
Rebuilding the Railway!
Turning a Second hand 'Superior' into Bowaters 'Superior'

Garethh
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Garethh » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:27 am

Looking good! If you haven’t got enough projects on the go, I’ll be looking for something to run behind the 4f when it’s eventually finished...

angr607
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by angr607 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:59 pm

Garethh wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:27 am
Looking good! If you haven’t got enough projects on the go, I’ll be looking for something to run behind the 4f when it’s eventually finished...
Always happy to take on more projects! If you've got something in mind, let me know!

Jon

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by angr607 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:26 pm

Latest Projects

With the personal side slowly coming to a end, the number of newer models is steadily falling. Doesn't mean a number of firsts can't be done though!

The 3rd 100 seater is now done and this one is in BR Crimson to match the pushpull set.

As a number of them were pushpull fitted, it makes sense to have a longer set! Also means I can run them as a longer train at GMES!

Goods stock hasn't been left behind either.

I now have 4 more brake vans including the Dance Hall and Queen Mary Brake Vans.

Plus a because I could model, a Dover Ferry Wagon!

Lots more wagons are now done including examples of both the SECR and SR Maunsell Goods Vans plus extra opens.

While I don't own a GWR engine (yet), I now have a small GWR set to run with one! Again another of the wants now crossed off the list.

New additions wise, Maunsell Coaches, LBSCR Billington, LSWR Cross Country and then that's the list mostly done! Well, except some Bullieds...... And more Maunsells...... and Mark 1s....... In fact, the more I think about it the more the list grows!

Rebuilding the Railway!

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:39 am

Wow that's some rolling stock you have there. I really do like the Dover Ferry wagon very much. :thumbright: :thumbright:
In fact I like all of your stock... :salute:
Rod

Life is so easy when I run my trains. :thumbright:

🚂🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃

https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364

angr607
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sun May 09, 2021 3:42 pm

Speaking of more models off the personal list, the first set of Maunsell Coaches have finally been completed. 4 Restriction 0 coaches covering all 4 versions. Next plan corridor wise will be some Restriction 1 coaches once I've done the remaining Compartment Coaches and a Hastings Unit (now that will be something to see). Naturally everything is storage dependant. I only have 2 slots spare of storage for longer vehicles and both of those at the moment are down for the 33/0 and 33/2 (first of which won't be long).

The 4 Coaches together.

The four coaches with the very engine they're designed to run with. And looking great. Really making me want to build some more maunsells now.......

While technically a request, I've also built a Scenery Van which is something different. I wasn't originally planning one but seeing as the Bluebell have one, makes sense (my Gauge 1 plans follow the Bluebell to a extent).

Next stock wise, LSWR and LBSCR Compartment coaches and then if space allows, some Restriction 1s........

Rebuilding the Railway!