BMS Baguley - help needed!

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
TPGreen
New User
New User

BMS Baguley - help needed!

Post by TPGreen » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:08 am

Hi All,

A forum newbie here! Nice to meet you all. Have been lurking for a while whilst my father and I have been building a small line in their garden. It’s a dog bone with a shared single line section. We have purchased a live steam loco but unfortunately with my fathers developing Parkinson’s it’s becoming increasingly unlikely he could operate this alone(I will be when I come to visit), so we purchased a locomotive from EBay that was easy for him to operate.
This was a good condition BMS/Accucraft Baguley, (plastic chassis) which had been modified with socket in buffer beam and R/C via an RCS system by Brandbright, with a controller with 4 buttons for speed and slow stop etc.

We successfully ran on the first day with R/C All working fine. I put it on charge, and subsequently the train has not run since (about 6 or so weeks ago).

The fuse was blown but has been replaced since and hasn’t gone again.

Lights are flashing on the controller board so power is fine. The R/C Controller is certainly giving out signals as we have used a spectrometer to see this.Volt meter has checked the battery which is giving out the desire 14.8v.
78BDCC60-18F4-412B-9120-09F5875874C4.jpeg
78BDCC60-18F4-412B-9120-09F5875874C4.jpeg (3.2 MiB) Viewed 3763 times
It’s almost like the control and loco have become de-linked, but we have followed the instructions and can’t re-link this.

Any suggestions of what to do or alternatively anyone who could repair this if we visited/sent it off?

Thanks

Tom

philipy

Re: BMS Baguley - help needed!

Post by philipy » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:51 pm

Hi Tom,
Welcome to the forum.

I can't help directly but I did a quick search and found some troubleshooting hints on the RCS website. I don't know which of their systems you have but there are links to several different ones.
https://www.rcs-rc.com/pages/troubleshooting
Philip