Parkside Control Box Circuit

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
traxcontrols
New User
New User

Parkside Control Box Circuit

Post by traxcontrols » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:07 pm

I am new to the forum, and have a fairly tall order that someone on the forum MAY be able to resolve - sorry to ask for information on the very first post!

I have a Parkside controller and control box (models unknown) the control unit being shown in the attached photo.

The controller itself is fine, but the control box has three loose wires (1 x yellow, 2 x red), and a 15k resistor), which need to be re-attached to the relevant parts.

Sadly, Parkside are not responding to emails, and there does not seem to be any information anywhere else on the net.

Would anybody happen to have a photo of a similar unit, which I could use to see where the wires go to, or failing that a circuit diagram of the unit?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Attachments
20210705_145146.jpg
20210705_145146.jpg (4.12 MiB) Viewed 6414 times
20210705_145223(0).jpg
20210705_145223(0).jpg (4.03 MiB) Viewed 6414 times

Scrat
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: Parkside Control Box Circuit

Post by Scrat » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:53 pm

The key switch only has one wire so there is one missing here.
My guess is that the loose yellow wire should go to the key switch.
(to match the other yellow one already there)
The resistor is connected to a series of diodes so I guess that the red wire should be attached to the open resistor pin.

What type is the controller?
Can you show the rear of the front panel?

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:43 am

Is it for a miniature ride on loco?

Rik

PS Just answered my own question by visiting their website. I assume the two multi core cables control two motors. So I wonder if the second red wire also goes to the resistor????? It looks as if the diodes and resistor have been added post production. I would shroud them in shrink wrap as they seem a bit exposed.
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

traxcontrols
New User
New User

Post by traxcontrols » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:53 am

Scrat wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:53 pm The key switch only has one wire so there is one missing here.
My guess is that the loose yellow wire should go to the key switch.
(to match the other yellow one already there)
The resistor is connected to a series of diodes so I guess that the red wire should be attached to the open resistor pin.

What type is the controller?
Can you show the rear of the front panel?
Sadly, neither the control box or the actual controller have model numbers on them, making identification difficult - not much help, I know!

traxcontrols
New User
New User

Post by traxcontrols » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:52 am

ge_rik wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:43 am Is it for a miniature ride on loco?

Rik

PS Just answered my own question by visiting their website. I assume the two multi core cables control two motors. So I wonder if the second red wire also goes to the resistor????? It looks as if the diodes and resistor have been added post production. I would shroud them in shrink wrap as they seem a bit exposed.
The system is for a ride-on - I wondered about the diodes as well, they don't seem to be a standard feature as they are floating around in mid-air, and not on a pcb. The other end goes to one terminal of the meter).

Both of the DIN leads plug into the controller box (one loose red wire feeds the lead with a 5 pin din plug, the other loose red wire feeds the lead with a 7 pin din plug).

The plot thickens!

BorisSpencer
Fireman
Fireman

Post by BorisSpencer » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:39 pm

I know nothing about electronics for ride-ons but seeing diodes makes me wonder if it's a feed to some Led lighting.

That's all I can offer.

traxcontrols
New User
New User

Post by traxcontrols » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:21 am

Hi, just a quick note to say thank you for all of folk who offered help with this problem. It still remains a mystery, but the units have now been returned to the owner, with the suggestion that he contacts Parkside to ask if they can repair them, once they are back in business (illness has sadly prevented the owners from dealing with customers for some time).

Thanks again!