Tram Kits n Bits

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: Tram Kits n Bits

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:26 pm

Dafydd, if you are a member of the 16mm Association and receive the magazine it could be your lucky day! In the Feb. 2021 Bulletin (out now!) there is a picture of an OcCre tram and separate photograph of the home-made power unit to go with it. This is made to work on the owner's 32mm track. I hope you find it useful.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:06 pm

I have just been offered, by Youtube, (they're watching us you know!), these videos of large scale, 45mm gauge, trams by Melbournesparks, as previously mentioned. There are indeed several to view and they are wonderful, if only to see the problems faced by having railways in the gardens of Australia. It wouldn't suit me at all, but I have nothing but admiration for this guy.....
Watch out for the 'dragon' in one of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNNLac0ByMo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjunv3O926U
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

DafyddElvy
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by DafyddElvy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:01 pm

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions, I've had some computer fun plus the demands of work which I meant it's been a while since I was on here.

Scale up to now has been 1:22.5 on 45mm track, I do plan to build an MER car or two in 15mil scale and I quite fancy a couple of the occre models.

Since my original post I have decided to try out the locoremote system and battery power, something was lashed together for a wee test using a bachman tram, as they draw quite a bit of powerI have decide to change the whole underside and have 21E truck sides from KW Trams and an axle hung traction motor from Appletree which I hope to have working by Tuesday assuming I don’t have too many house chores. I have also found a company named Fosworks who also produce an axle hung traction motor so I’ll be getting one of theirs as well to test.

So far the bachman tram has been stripped down and a hole cut in the floor to allow batteries to be stored inside the bench seats.

Not a great deal of progress since my original post but I am getting their slowly.

David

georgesheppard
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by georgesheppard » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:44 am

David,

Not sure if you've come across this website yet - http://www.terryrusselltrams.co.uk. Terry sells various parts and kits in various scales. If you fancy scratch building something he has a wealth of scale drawings available to purchase.