Controlling more than one r/c loco

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
DAVID L
Cleaner
Cleaner

Controlling more than one r/c loco

Post by DAVID L » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:56 pm

I have recently bought and installed deltang receivers in 2 locos with an RCT Tx 22 transmitter to control them. The controller in theory can control up to 12 locos independently. I have successfully bound the receivers to channels 2 and 3 and both locos operate correctly singly. However, sometimes when both locos are running, after being able to control them independently by switching channels, they occasionally unpredictably react to the same command. Does anyone have any idea why this happens or if there is a way to avoid it? Thanks!

Jimmyb
Fireman
Fireman

Re: Controlling more than one r/c loco

Post by Jimmyb » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:03 pm

I have a Micron Tx22, same Deltang beast, just different retailer. I have tried to bind and run locos on selecta numbers NOT adjacent to each other, i.e. 3 and 5, so that I pass 4 to get to control the other loco. The theory about the Tx 22 is good, but I don't in practice find it easy running 2 locos on a single controller, this could be in part due the shortness (in length) of my railway, and when you switch numbers you need to have the speed reset to the loco you are moving to.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Controlling more than one r/c loco

Post by ge_rik » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:12 pm

When you switch from one Selecta 'channel' to another, there is a slight delay before the second one responds - the delay is set to one second but in reality it can be up to 3 secs. As Jim says, it's worth switching to a completely different Selecta channel first, making the speed adjustment you need and then switching to the desired channel. It is possible to alter the 'fumble time' delay but I've never bothered. I've just learned to cope with it.

More info here on the Deltang website - http://www.deltang.co.uk/rx6x-selecta.htm

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube