New transmitters for old

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

New transmitters for old

Post by ge_rik » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Having made over 200 transmitters for other people during the year I ran RC Trains, I never had time to make any for myself and so I've been carrying on using the my old Txs in their original black Deltang cases ........ until today!!!

I have repackaged my old Txs into bespoke Peckforton Light Railway cases, and even made myself a brand new Tx20 - wuhoooo - yay!! (as I believe the youngsters would have it).
IMG_8119.JPG
IMG_8119.JPG (192.07 KiB) Viewed 3442 times

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Re: New transmitters for old

Post by tom_tom_go » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:15 pm

I think the term to use now is 'sick' for something that is good!

The remote point switcher looks great Rik.

philipy

Post by philipy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:22 pm

Errr... how many hands do you have Rik? (That might explain your phenomenal modelling out put though!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, well done.
Funnily enough I was only thinking a few days ago that my black Deltang Tx looks somehow a bit amateurish and now you've confirmed that view. I doubt I'll do anything about it though.
Philip

gregh
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by gregh » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:00 am

Very professional results.
Do you have any 'notes' on the back to remind you what F1 etc means, or is your memory good enough? (I'm assuming that maybe F1, F2 etc do different things on different locos?)
Greg from downunder.
The Sandstone & Termite's website: https://members.optusnet.com.au/satr/satr.htm

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:38 am

gregh wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:00 am Very professional results.
Do you have any 'notes' on the back to remind you what F1 etc means, or is your memory good enough? (I'm assuming that maybe F1, F2 etc do different things on different locos?)
In theory, every MyLocoSound soundcard is connected in the same way on each loco, so no matter which loco is bound to which Tx, the buttons should trigger the same effects. In reality, though, I've got six different types of soundcard and so it's a case of pressing buttons when I first switch on each loco to remind myself as to what triggers what.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:17 am

They are brilliant again Rik…just wish I had the skills to do something like them.

Very professional work indeed…but your are a professional in my eyes…. :thumbright: :thumbright: