HGLW Wittenberg-Schafer Loco

A place for discussing battery-electric locomotives, whether they're diesel, steam or even electric outline
Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Re: HGLW Wittenberg-Schafer Loco

Post by Lonsdaler » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:06 pm

markoteal wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:44 am
Lonsdaler wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:13 am
tom_tom_go wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:46 am The low relief buildings are they kits?
The main station building is certainly a Modeltown resin kit, but looking at their website they don't seem to do the low relief versions anymore?
Hi - it was their wrinkly tin station kit built as two halves - the front and the back are the same so lend themselves to this - so I bought the kit then asked nicely if I could buy an extra part that sticks out over the platform and another chimney stack - he was more than happy to sell those to me - so I got two stations for the price of one and a bit
stations.png

The veranda on the first it to the right to extend the station covered area - and it would stick out and hit locos if it were attached to the front of the building

The only adaption to do is to cut the gable ends in half - I used a fine toothed hacksaw - support the weight and it works fine
Thanks Mark,
That explains the mystery of the missing low relief version - there was never one! Tom, they do the same building as slate, tin, brick or wood finish. As Mark says, good value two for one modelling (almost) :D
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: HGLW Wittenberg-Schafer Loco

Post by FWLR » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:59 pm

bazzer42 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:28 pm I'm about to place a Toolstation order but looking at Rik's finish beginning to wonder if it is overkill.

Rik, how did you bend that exhaust?
Hi Derek,

Hope you haven’t sent for that Shellac, this is what I use and it’s far cheaper and just has quick drying.

I bought it in a 125ml tin.

DSCN3575.JPG
DSCN3575.JPG (472.74 KiB) Viewed 2269 times
DSCN3576.JPG
DSCN3576.JPG (461.32 KiB) Viewed 2269 times