where can I get...

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
Driver
Driver

Post by 90733 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:36 am

They are very nice, I like the corris too, shame about the bad running. I like the wrens too ;) (How much are the wrens, and how well do they run?)
Thanks
Jack

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Wrens CAN run very well - we had one at the recent Open Day and it ran like a dream, but that is very much an exception, I'm told.

Pictures of the Wren towards the bottom of:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mdltrly/open2010.html
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Gary_16mm
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Gary_16mm » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Well, I contacted Peter Angus today regarding a Corris No. 3 but the likelihood of getting one seems to be quite remote :(

I can be added to his list of orders but the wait is at least three years!

I had thought that as these would be using more standard parts that they might be batch built but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I'll put my name down but I do wish there was more availability of smaller prototypes. Is there only 3 or 4 smaller manufacturers now? Wrightscale (hmm), TME (limited to two prototypes), Finescale (very long waiting lists) and Peter himself. Of those, they are all very small concerns where the owners are certainly not getting any younger. Oh to have the skills!!

workwright
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by workwright » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi, I have just come across this post discussing the Corris No4 locomotive I manufacture.  I would draw Sir Haydn who posts above to the instructions that come with the loco." In case of problems with your engine always contact the manufacturer in the first instance...." I have never had any contact with the gentleman therefore I regard his comments about my Corris No4 as unhelpful and unfair.  Many of my customers enjoy my locos without problems, when these do occur and the owner contacts me as requested the engine is returned to me, repaired  by me and sent back - AT NO COST to them.  I support my locomotives throughout their use.
What gets on my wick is  an "expert"  taking charge of a loco from a novice when it is not running well and completely messing it up.  After their pitiful attempts the mess they make is eventually left to me to sort out, expensively.  Remember if a Wrightscale loco does'nt work contact me first. I will always listen and do what I can to get your  model running as well as it looks! Regards, an aggrieved Wrightscale.
Workwright

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:32 pm

If they look to be treating 32mm as though it is 2'3" gauge then they are probably manufacturing to something close to 1:22 (i.e. 'LGB') rather than 1:19 (16mm).

Peter in AZ
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:11 am

workwright:111973 wrote:Hi, I have just come across this post discussing the Corris No4 locomotive I manufacture.  I would draw Sir Haydn who posts above to the instructions that come with the loco." In case of problems with your engine always contact the manufacturer in the first instance...." I have never had any contact with the gentleman therefore I regard his comments about my Corris No4 as unhelpful and unfair.  Many of my customers enjoy my locos without problems, when these do occur and the owner contacts me as requested the engine is returned to me, repaired  by me and sent back - AT NO COST to them.  I support my locomotives throughout their use.
What gets on my wick is  an "expert"  taking charge of a loco from a novice when it is not running well and completely messing it up.  After their pitiful attempts the mess they make is eventually left to me to sort out, expensively.  Remember if a Wrightscale loco does'nt work contact me first. I will always listen and do what I can to get your  model running as well as it looks! Regards, an aggrieved Wrightscale.
The only problem I've heard with Wrightscale locomotives is the extended waiting list, which says a lot for the demand for these locos. I've never managed to stay on a waiting list long enough to get one. I am waiting for one, but I am 63 years old. :shock: Here's hoping I eventually get one.
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)