Locomotive in need of track

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
CrispininTexas
New User
New User

Locomotive in need of track

Post by CrispininTexas » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:29 pm

I have recently purchased a 3.5" gauge modified King Class live steam locomotive. Unfortunately I live in Houston, Texas. That's about a light year from the nearest elevated 3.5" track.

Does anyone know where I can buy 3.5" rail in the USA so I can build my own track?

Thanks,

Crispin (in Texas)

philipy

Re: Locomotive in need of track

Post by philipy » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:04 pm

Hi Crispin,
I can't help with yur query, but welcome anyway.
I've deleted your duplicated posts to avoid clogging up the board. The reason your first post didn't appear immediately is that new members first few posts posts are moderated to try to keep spammers out.
Philip

artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: Locomotive in need of track

Post by artfull dodger » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:02 am

As far as I know, your going to be on your own laying your own track, much like is done in the larger ride on scales of 4.75, 5 inch and 7.5 inch gauge. You might try posting over on Mylargerscale forum, its more USA based where as this one is more UK based. But always good to ask everywhere you can. Look forward to seeing your engine run on video sometime in the future. I used to have a 5 inch gauge class 08 "Gronk" but that gauge is not used in the USA so I sold it on as I lack room for my own ride on railway in my small yard. Cheers Mike
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!