The Roster Grows

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
steamhostler
Cleaner
Cleaner

The Roster Grows

Post by steamhostler » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:35 pm

The Accucraft Peckett is the latest addition to the 16 mile long 32mm gauge Grand View Light Railway. She is going to be named "Firefly" and be assigned to the twice daily passenger train that serves the Grand View Hot Springs Resort.

The red Accucraft Sabrina will be named "Dragonfire" and works the twice daily coal and spring water train to the Resort.

The green RH Katie will be named "Dragonfly" and works the daily general freight train and is the assigned yard switcher at the Resort

Dragonfly is already Radio Controlled and is soon going into the GVLR shop to get her Slo Mo inertial device installed.
Dragonfire is getting RCS Radio Control soon, and a Slo Mo installed when the Slo Mo company is finished developing it. The Sabrina is one of the few Accucraft 32/45mm gauge locos with outside Walschaerts valve gear that leaves between the frames wide open.
Firefly will get RCS Radio Control in the GVLR shops which will be a job as she is pretty tiny.
Attachments
Roster3.jpg
Roster3.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 3515 times
Roster2.jpg
Roster2.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 3515 times
James
Grand View Light Railway
Indoors 16mm Live Steam in Colorado USA

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Re: The Roster Grows

Post by Lonsdaler » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:44 pm

Hopefully Firefly will soar like a leaf on the wind...
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

Simon-m
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Simon-m » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:58 pm

I've recently got the exact same peckett you have. It's an excellent steamer & it'll happily run at a slowish speed & it'll restart its self if it looses a bit of steam pressure. I absolutely love mine it's one of my favourite locos.

It has a surprisingly good haulage capacity too.

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:05 am

Did you say 16 miles long? Do you mean literally? You can't possibly have over four thousand feet of track....can you?

steamhostler
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by steamhostler » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:59 am

Lol, no not literally but figuratively 16 miles long. The Grand View Resort terminal is a L shaped layout in one room of the house.The Main Line goes thru a wall to a second room with a 4 track staging yard and an around the room running loop incorporating 2 Branch lines that feeds traffic to the Resort Terminal is being built. All open cars have removable loads for loads in-empties out operations, and all locomotives are (will be) Radio Controlled.
James
Grand View Light Railway

steamhostler
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by steamhostler » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:06 am

Simon-m wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:58 pm I've recently got the exact same peckett you have. It's an excellent steamer & it'll happily run at a slowish speed & it'll restart its self if it looses a bit of steam pressure. I absolutely love mine it's one of my favourite locos.

It has a surprisingly good haulage capacity too.
That is good to hear! Ive only done 4 fuel tanks of break in runs on blocks with mine so far. The Peckett will be the 3 car Passenger Train power on the Railway.
James
Grand View Light Railway