Billy and Lilla on the railway

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Billy and Lilla on the railway

Post by artfull dodger » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:56 am

My friend came up to my place after I got off work one evening this past week. He needed to get out of his house for a bit and he brought me the replacement receiver for my brand new Billy that would let it link to my RCS palm size tx. We then spent the evening running our two Roundhouse engines. Only changes to Billy is the Regner lantern, bracket and swapping out the radio rx. I do like the new exhaust enhancer, not as obnoxious as the Summerlands to my ears. I have overly sensitive hearing due to being on the autism spectrum. We have a few members in our steam group that have those chuff pipes and sometimes I have to go for a walk or put my headset style hearing protection on due to the chuff being painful to listen to. We had a relaxing evening running till it got dark out. Enjoy!
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Billy and Lilla on the railway

Post by ge_rik » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:16 am

Looks like you had a good session.
Are they fitted with Slomos?

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by artfull dodger » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:16 am

Neither are, Lilla cannot be fitted as it has inside valve gear. Billy will be later this year. But the combination of a heavy train of LGB coaches/wagons, all with metal wheels, the lead blue box wagon has a heavy battery in it to power my LGB electric engines and the ability to control the RC servo very smoothly with the knob on the RCS palm size tx give good slow speed running. A nicely run in engine as we have come to expect from Roundhouse is also very helpful. I have one slomo on order, it will be going in my coal fired Elke when it arrives.

Old Man Aaron
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Old Man Aaron » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:54 am

That headlight perfectly suits your Billy. I quite like the exhaust enhancers, too - Chuffers don't bother me though, it's just nice to save some money when I do a loco project..
Regards,
Aaron - Scum Class Works

artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by artfull dodger » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:23 pm

Thanks! I did notice that Roundhouse's version of the chuffer is much slimmer in diameter. I never liked how much the other brands would block the chimney and force the gas burner heat out the bottom of the smokebox. Roundhouse's enhancer is barely larger than the pipe itself and takes up less space than the twin exhaust pipes they used for the longest period. And as always, Billy runs like a Roundhouse. Elke will get the lantern as well once the backordered cast brass brackets come in. I have the lamps sitting in the box of "stuff" that still have to do on my Elke kit build. Still have to build the tender kit for it as well. I used a clear 5v lamp hooked to the receiver power to light up the lantern. I may tint the bulb yellow as these lanterns were Kerosene powered and not really bright with a yellowish tone to them when lighted. Much like the early LGB Stainz lights that used the common yellow bulb that LGB used in everything in the early years.