Coal fired Garratt K1

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
Keith S
Driver
Driver

Re: Coal fired Garratt K1

Post by Keith S » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:05 am

I am becoming concerned at this point that if this locomotive acquires any more complications, it will become self-aware and begin causing mischief. Anti-human mischief.

Trevor Thompson
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Trevor Thompson » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:53 pm

Keith S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:05 am I am becoming concerned at this point that if this locomotive acquires any more complications, it will become self-aware and begin causing mischief. Anti-human mischief.
What can I say?

Trevor

But it will be brilliant if if works!

Trevor Thompson
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Trevor Thompson » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:15 pm

Andy Rutter of Micron has reprogrammed his MR001 receiver so that the regulator (pin 1) can be reprogrammed to accommodate that 180 degree servo I identified some time ago. Absolutely amazing!

So I have fitted it and the new servo and of course it works!

I have now set up the new receiver and adjusted all of the servo settings so its almost ready to go. I await some connectors to enable me to connect the power as well as everything else.

I'm just making final adjustments to the front bogie - and then its time to reassemble it.

Trevor

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:18 am

Trevor Thompson wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:15 pm Andy Rutter of Micron has reprogrammed his MR001 receiver so that the regulator (pin 1) can be reprogrammed to accommodate that 180 degree servo I identified some time ago. Absolutely amazing!

So I have fitted it and the new servo and of course it works!

I have now set up the new receiver and adjusted all of the servo settings so its almost ready to go. I await some connectors to enable me to connect the power as well as everything else.

I'm just making final adjustments to the front bogie - and then its time to reassemble it.

Trevor
That is good news. I have always found Andy to be very responsive. It does look as if the Deltang legacy is future-proofed.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube