Bassett Lowke Titley Court in Gauge 1

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Bassett Lowke Titley Court in Gauge 1

Post by artfull dodger » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Earlier this year, I traded off my Regner Stainz for an Aster Reno and started my transition from narrow gauge/16mm modeling to gauge one. I still wanted a UK style engine but most Asters were well beyond my means, even the smaller ones like the Jumbo. I didn't want a tank style engine with alcohol firing as it gets very hot where I live in the USA during the summer and I dont need a cab fire prone model. I stumbled onto a model that I knew of, but had never seen an example for sale. I had only seen them in museums or books. Bassett Lowke offered this model two ways, externally fired with their vaproizing burner and self contained fuel tank(cab fire prone) or with a proper Smithies forced draft boiler, chicken feed wick type alcohol burner with fuel tank in the tender, and a water tank with pump in the tender. Station Masters Rooms had such a model for sale. He then put it on sale and opened it up to offers. I sold my last narrow gauge live steamer and a antique lawn tractor in recent days. I made him an offer, to which he made a slightly higher counter offer and a deal was made to purchase the locomotive. I received the model in 3 days time from when I paid for it. Excellent shipping from the UK to the USA!! I am well chuffed with the model, hope to steam it up yet today or tomorrow if I have time. Now to find some tinplate GWR coaches to pull, but that will have to wait for the next bonus check from work. Worst case, I will get a few of the cream and brown Accucraft coaches to pull. Mike the Aspie
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!