Regner project

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
daan
Fireman
Fireman

Re: Regner project

Post by daan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Thanks Ian,

Today the loco went on the track, the gastank fills up to the brim and lasts for about 45 minutes. The only problem I found was that the burner stopped because my chuffer is too deep in the chimney. Steam fills the smokebox sometimes, and that causes the fire to go out, because it presses away the oxigene.
I've now mounted the chuffer a bit higher, so this problem should also be over.

Her power is enough for 4 or 5 cars, probably more after running in properly.
"En schöne Gruess" from an Alpine railway in Holland.

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:21 pm

I have a chuffed in my Lady Anne. The steam sometimes comes out under the boiler and smokebox in a most unrealistic manner. I might remove it as it appears to be more trouble than it's worth.

I'm quite taken with the blue livery on your Regner. When (if) I get my next loco it will be blue or black.

Ian
Ian

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:05 pm

That is very nice, your engine looks great. Thanks also for the pictures of the Swiss locomotive. You're right, perhaps that was the one I was thinking of. In any case, your little one has the same character. Congratulations on your successful build!

daan
Fireman
Fireman

Post by daan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys, the colour I've used is Motip carpaint. It's a few coats of royal blue and a few coats of clear halfmatt laquer to protect the paint. After harding it's fairly strong, I managed to put the handrails on without chipping anything. And it copes with the temperature very well.

Only the boiler armatures and smokebox is painted with heat resistant paint, that gets too hot for normal paint..

daan
Fireman
Fireman

Post by daan » Wed May 23, 2018 6:29 pm

After a lot of hassle with the Regner gas filling valve, I build a Romson type valve in it today. I had one left from a small gastorch. I can't figure out why the Regner doesn't work,thought I figured it out the last time, but it was only for a lucky few shots.. Ìnstead of a meager 15 minutes running time, the loco got 45 minutes out of it, needing water refilling in between, but no gas.. Works a lot better this way.