Has anybody converted a RH Millie to meths fired?

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Has anybody converted a RH Millie to meths fired?

Post by artfull dodger » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Curious if anybody has or is contemplating changing the current Roundhouse Millie to meths fired instead of external gas? As I doubt we will ever see RH do one from the factory or a reissue of the old meths fired Pooter(hey one can dream). I am supprised that the aftermarket hasn't come up with a burner conversion kit to make one of these fine models meths fired. Mike the Aspie
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Re: Has anybody converted a RH Millie to meths fired?

Post by tom_tom_go » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Interested in why you want to do this as I have no experience with meths fired locos.

artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by artfull dodger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Because I have had the pleasure of driving someone else's Roundhouse Pooter that was meths fired. Meths fired are much less tempermental in really cold weather, nearly silent in operation and a real pleasure to drive Fuel is also much cheaper in the states over gas. I have gas fired models, and would really like to find a meths fired one. Would love to own a Pooter, but those are super rare to see come up for sale and would probably have lots of wear with the age of those engines now. But a brand new Millie with a conversion to meths would be super nice. I figured someone out there in 16mm land has done this, just not on this forum.
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:29 pm

I can hardly hear the burner on my Roundhouse loco and if you use butane/propane gas in the winter does that not solve the problem for you?