Tram engine 'Ellie'

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
fcheslop
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: Tram engine 'Ellie'

Post by fcheslop » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi Graeme,
Thanks for the info. I realise Crackers cylinder is a bit small and was meaning to make the cylinder like Cracker but with Ellies dimensions as I like the way Crackers big end also drags the cylinder around and helps reduce wear n tear, The name of the gentleman who came up with the idea escapes me at the moment and its featured in Stationary Steam. I tend to use KS tube for cylinders and not had a problem
Iv not read through just browsed the book at the moment so may have been asking the obvious.
The gears wont be a problem to make unless they are very cheap then I may open my sporran :D
Iv a few other builds to finish but cannot seem to get this simple little thing out of my mind so no doubt a start will be made sooner rather than later
I will do a separate post to save this one been taken of track any further
Good luck to all Ellie builders she seems to have caused a bit of interest and I notice Camden have already sold out of precut parts for now
kind regards
frazer

pandsrowe
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by pandsrowe » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:28 pm

The etch cut parts for my Ellie arrived today, I must say I'm quite impressed with the quality. All the dimensions that I have checked are within .01mm at least as accurately as I can measure. Now I've got something to fit the various turned parts that I have already made to, so must spend more time in the workshop even though it's a bit on the cold side.
Phil

fcheslop
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by fcheslop » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:12 pm

A wee bit cold here -8c this morning in the shop just to cold for a wimp like me
Good luck with the build and apologies for the butting in on youre thread
kind regards
frazer