The New Arrival - No.4 - a Roundhouse Bertie!

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: The New Arrival - No.4 - a Roundhouse Bertie!

Post by artfull dodger » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:55 am

Thanks Doug, I seen you chose that name, and its very fitting for your new engine! I am going to have to source some of that paint from the UK as I need to touch up the paint work on Countess unless someone purchases it before I can do that. Did you use a generic shade of red or a "signal red" shade? The blue isn't the Darj blue, but the old standard blue that RH used even prior to the Darj engine. I wont feel bad if the Countess sticks around, she just wont come out except for steam ups at other railways for awhile. I do need my Merlin to sell to pay for my Bertie. I want to be able to run USA style or UK style on the micro layout. I had thought about doing the walschaerts conversion to Bertie, but the set up you went with, really fits the engine better much better. Cheers Mike
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:49 pm

I rather liked "Basil" for a name. "Fennec" is cool too though. 8)

artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by artfull dodger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:40 am

I picked up my Bertie today at the steam up, exact same color as yours, he has already put the RH combination lever and cross head on, along with the chimney cap. So I need to so the cross head change, water sight glass and paint side rods. Good projects for the next week. Cheers Mike
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!