Newcomer Roundhouse Billy Build

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Newcomer Roundhouse Billy Build

Post by -steves- » Wed May 25, 2022 5:16 am

I have only just caught up with this thread.

I would just like to add that I built a Roundhouse Katie (essentially the same thing) about 5ish years ago and I had exactly the same issues with the roof lifting / hinging mechanism. I found it a proper PITA and just tinkered until I got it working the best I could. No idea if it was right or not, but eventually it opened and sat flat with "some fettling" :thumbup: I, like yourself, thought the instructions on this point were somewhat lacking and had room for improvement so clearly it wasn't just me :)
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

siclick33
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by siclick33 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:17 pm

I'm still waiting on the paint and I might have to cancel my order with Mimuteman. I was told it was in line to be shipped a week ago but still nothing :x

In the mean time I've been priming the brass parts but nothing worth updating here yet. It has given me the chance to do some other, less urgent, bits including this compressor connection so that I can test the loco on air if I want to.

The fitting that screws to the loco and the pipe were bought from Roundhouse. The 1/8 BSP brass fitting was bought from ebay and drilled out to fit the tube, and an Iwata quick disconnect was added so that I can attach it to my compressor airline hose without having to unscrew anything.

thumbnail_IMG_2689.jpg

siclick33
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by siclick33 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:23 pm

Well the paint has finally arrived. The next problem is the temperature is forecast to be above 100f for the next 2 weeks, so there might be another delay :(