Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
Jimmyb
Fireman
Fireman

Re: Battery charging issues

Post by Jimmyb » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:04 am

Tingewickmax wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:08 am
Jimmyb wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:44 am
Tingewickmax wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:58 am Nothing to loose if the trick does not work. Max
You think not, and if they explode, because something goes wrong, you will pay the compensation.
I'm not quite sure what you are saying Jimmy. The advice came from here - https://www.brianjonesmodels.co.uk/ I can't see a maximum of 1 amp/12v for 30 seconds on a 12 cell pack will cause it to explode. I once accidentally hooked up a smart charger to a TX that I mistakenly thought had NiMH batteries in (some of my TX's do, some don't. That'll teach me not to check) .They were not, they were good old Duracells ! 2 hours later - some warm gooey batteries and the need for a clean up. Now if we are talking Lithium tech batteries then no way. But if you do not think it is worth the risk, it's an "if all else fails option", with NiMH's then fair enough. Max
Hi, what I am saying is, although the practice is known, I have seen no information with evidence that shows this is safe, and without proper safety guidelines, then the practice could be misunderstood, misused, and there could lead to an accident. As an Aircraft Safety Engineer, management of batteries is always an area of concern.
Looking on Brian Jones website, I can see no evidence of a safe practice.