What is best

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: What is best

Post by FWLR » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:15 am

Dwayne wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:58 am Rod, it's fun so long as it's just for me. Doing it as a side business would make it a job. I am allergic to work. :)
.............................. :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: ................

Soar Valley Light
Driver
Driver

Re: What is best

Post by Soar Valley Light » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:58 pm

Dwayne wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:58 am Rod, it's fun so long as it's just for me. Doing it as a side business would make it a job. I am allergic to work. :)
Ain't that the truth!

I wish I could turn them out as fast as you Dwayne, the turnout I currently have on the bench has been there for at least two months - and it's only half finished! There is a great satisfaction to the job though. You get what you want to fit where you need it to. (Still no excuse for me, the current project is a simple left hand out of straight turnout :oops: )

The current thinking in this country (and elsewhere) is that turnouts should all be 'out of straight'. Standardised, and simple. There are sound engineering reasons for this but it does limit the locations for junctions, particularly in such a small 'curvy' country as this! As a result it's still necessary for the design office to be inventive when 'like for like' renewals of some junctions go ahead. Last weekend we commenced some renewals just outside St Pancras, the first crossover to go in wasn't unlike the one Dwayne sent us a picture of!

Thanks for sharing the picture again Dwayne. Your trackwork is poetry in steel and lumber, I could gaze at it all day!

All the best,

Andrew
"Smith! Why do you only come to work four days a week?
"'cause I can't manage on three gaffer!"