Roundhouse TX issues

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
SVLR
Cleaner
Cleaner

Roundhouse TX issues

Post by SVLR » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:58 pm

Anybody had any issues with RH RXs at all. I bought a Little John a few years, it had very little use (probably less than an hour in total!) Gave it a charge the other day and put some batteries in the TX but no joy when switching on. The brand on the TX is Abisma (which is an L short of being quite apt!) Getting back into laying some track and wanting to test it out with the Little John. I have had TX's for years flying RC planes they get loads of use and never had any issues (even with cheapies from Asia) In fact my original 35MHz Futaba Challenger which I had as a 16th birthday present is still useable and I am now over 50!

Hoping for some advice before I bin it! I would imagine the guarantee would only cover it for one year.

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Re: Roundhouse TX issues

Post by Chris Cairns » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:53 am

Your title says TX issues, but the content says issues with RH RXs?

If it is the TX that is not powering up then ignore the rest of this reply.

I picked up a pre-owned Little John. When it arrived the loco was dead so I tried charging it with the supplied Axtronics smart charger. It went through the red/green LED sequence on power up but after a minute or so the charging red LED changed to a green LED, supposedly indicating the battery was fully charged. However it was not, and a little research online confirmed that these Axtronics smart chargers may not charge up a deep discharged battery. I had to use another smart charger (charge rate adjustable) on a low charge rate to fully charge the loco battery.

If the TX is powering up & the loco battery is fully charged, have you tried re-binding the receiver? They tell us this should never be required with 2.4 GHz but I've had to do it a couple of times, and know others have as well.

Absima CR2S V.2 manual here - https://all-guidesbox.com/manual/764075 ... ual-6.html

Chris Cairns

SVLR
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by SVLR » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:51 am

Senior moment TX I meant!

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:02 am

I would still contact Roundhouse regardless of warranty as they may replace it for you.