TX24 transmitter

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
SVLR
Cleaner
Cleaner

TX24 transmitter

Post by SVLR » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:24 am

I am thinking of getting one of these to slimline the amount of TXs I will be using. Is it compatible with all DSM2 RX's? I fly RC and have quite a few spare some Spektrum, mostly orange and a few compatible ones that are unbranded. Also, do people use the TX24 with both steam and battery-powered? Any advice/tips gladly received.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: TX24 transmitter

Post by ge_rik » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:33 pm

SVLR wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:24 am I am thinking of getting one of these to slimline the amount of TXs I will be using. Is it compatible with all DSM2 RX's? I fly RC and have quite a few spare some Spektrum, mostly orange and a few compatible ones that are unbranded. Also, do people use the TX24 with both steam and battery-powered? Any advice/tips gladly received.
Hi
Yes, it should be compatible with DSM2 and most DSMX receivers including Orange etc, but as far as I know you won't get the Selecta switchability from them. I've never tried binding a Deltang tx to other Spektrum rxs so am only making an assumption. There is something on the Deltang website about adjusting the trim settings on other txs to get some Selecta channeling, but I've no experience of how it works in practice. Not sure if you can tweak a non Deltang RX to recognise the Selecta channels.

See the 'Operation' section - http://www.deltang.co.uk/rx6x-selecta.htm

I know some folk use the Tx24 for both live steam and battery powered locos with no problems.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:24 pm

I have used an Orange Tx with a Tx24, however, as Rik says you will not get the 'Selecta' functionality with the Rx.

No issues using Deltang with coal fired, electric and gas fired locos that I have fitted.

Ask away with what you need to know.

Jimmyb
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Jimmyb » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:31 pm

As Rik has pointed out this Tx is selecta enabled, and to enable the selecta to work, selecta will need to be enabled on the Rx, more than that and i am "out of my depth"

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:06 pm

The 'Selecta' functionality is a Deltang technology only available on compatible Deltang receivers.

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:59 pm

I use a TX24 for both steam and batter powered locos, using centre off function as well as the low off function.

You can use any comparable rx with the TX24 but as mentions the Selecta function will only work on Deltang rx's. If you use a standard rx like I have done, including orange rx's, then it will simply work no matter where the Selecta is positioned and it matters not which number you bind it on as it will work on them all. Thats my findings. Also you won't be able to use the low off function on a non deltang rx.

Hope that helps a bit? :thumbup:
The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/

SVLR
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by SVLR » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:49 pm

Thanks for all the advice, might use some spare orange rxs first and get some Deltang ones after lock-down.

Jimmyb
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Jimmyb » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:47 am

-steves- wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:59 pm I use a TX24 for both steam and batter powered locos, using centre off function as well as the low off function.

You can use any comparable rx with the TX24 but as mentions the Selecta function will only work on Deltang rx's. If you use a standard rx like I have done, including orange rx's, then it will simply work no matter where the Selecta is positioned and it matters not which number you bind it on as it will work on them all. Thats my findings. Also you won't be able to use the low off function on a non deltang rx.

Hope that helps a bit? :thumbup:
This is a valuable piece of information for us Deltang users, many thanks :thumbup:

SVLR
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by SVLR » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:15 am

When you want a Spektrum Deltang or an Orange and life gives you Lemons.

My TX24 arrived today from Micron (thanks to lockdown service!) So this weekends project will be installing RX in my Little John with a dead radio and my Ragleth. Only DSM2/DSMX RX I have to hand spare are two Lemons I bought in an RC show a year ago, they were meant to go in two glider I am building which I can't fly now due to lockdown so they will go in the locos. Not used Lemons before will post later how it goes.

SVLR
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by SVLR » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:36 pm

So my spare Lemon RX bound easily to the TX24, on the Little John it's super smooth and controllable. I took out the faulty RX and simply double-sided taped it underneath. Its enough to play with at the moment, when things get back to normal I will fit Deltang RX to make the most of the selcta features.

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:38 pm

Glad it worked out. I have had the same experience with Orange Rx but just with no 'Selecta' functionality.