Yatton Rx wiring diagram

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Yatton Rx wiring diagram

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:40 pm

As previously mentioned elsewhere I am putting together a PDF Models 'Hunslet' kit for Just Julie (of this Forum) and it's looking pretty good (I think!). She has provided me with a Yatton Rx to install but I have no experience of this system. I do have the wiring diagram which was supplied with the Rx but it doesn't show an on/off switch or a re-charge socket, both of which I need to fit.....
IMG_7035.JPG
IMG_7035.JPG (103.5 KiB) Viewed 1680 times

As I have managed to shoe-horn a rechargeable 8 x AA battery pack into the restricted space of the boiler I don't want to remove it for charging, so I have made a panel to hold an on-off-on (single pole) switch and a charge socket....
IMG_7036.JPG
IMG_7036.JPG (76.96 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
Can someone please draw a suitable wiring diagram so I don't have to replace a burned-out Rx?
Many thanks.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Re: Yatton Rx wiring diagram

Post by tom_tom_go » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:05 pm

The only wiring you need to modify is the one going to the positive and negative terminals on the receiver.

If you check out www.rctrains.co.uk site you can use the wiring diagrams for the Deltang receivers to add a charge socket with an on/off switch while also adding a resettable fuse to avoid those extra toasted component moments.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Hi Peter
As Tom says, the Yatton system is actually Deltang mounted on a board with screw connectors instead of wires. I assume it will be the Rx65c if it's a recent purchase but, apart from a smaller number of output/input pads, the other connections should be the same.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:36 pm

Thanks guys, all sorted and fully operational. It works very well and is a smooth slow runner with a 12v motor (upgrade from PDF) and 8 rechargeable batteries fitted. I am well pleased, I hope Julie and Dennis will be too.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?