Ready to run, and ready painted?

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
CSL
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Ready to run, and ready painted?

Post by CSL » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi all.

Now I realise this goes against the whole ethos of garden railwaying, but in all honesty I cannot at the moment find the time (nor often the table space) for kit building or even painting... but I need to give family members hints for Christmas presents! So...

What suppliers of RTR SM32 rolling stock are there (I'm already a happy owner of a North Pilton Works brake van so know about that one)?

Also, can anyone point me to suppliers of painted 16mm scale figures? I seem to remember that Modeltown offer them, but their website has a holding message on it and has now missed its reopening date.

I promise to return to the fold and get more glue and paint on my fingers when life feels a little more relaxed!

f.schulz
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: Ready to run, and ready painted?

Post by f.schulz » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:35 pm

Hallo CSL,

I know only accucraft and MSS wagons RTR for SM32. ACC comes with two alternative axels for regauging.

Figures You have to make compromises to the SM45 gauge 22,5:1 they look very well, the Modeltown ones too.
Very nice but this is individual taste, are the IP Karas little characters.

Regards

Frederic

BorisSpencer
Fireman
Fireman

Post by BorisSpencer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:48 pm

There's someone eBay selling RTR wagons, search for "dalega69", and motleyminiatures.co.uk offer a painting service for their figures.

I have no experience of the former wagons or the painting service offered by Motley Miniatures, although I have quite a number of their figures that either myself or daughter no.1 have painted.

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Have a chat with Simon at Anything Narrow Gauge, he often has a selection of 2nd hand RTR and built up kits/scratchbuilt rolling stock.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi,
as far as rtr painted figures for 16mm scale I suggest Bachmann Scenecraft.
https://www.bachmann.co.uk/product-cate ... m-figures/

Otherwise have a look at the 1:22.5 scale figures in the Preiser range. These are a bit pricey and some of the range is difficult to find in UK retailers stock. They are very good.
Worth considering is putting 1:24 figures inside coaches as they seem to fit better. Also the lower quality stuff can be 'hidden' in a closed coach.

Good luck.
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:08 am

Motley Miniatures are quite interesting in that you can mix and match heads and bodies. They also have a painting service if you prefer finished figures - https://motleyminiatures.co.uk/index.ph ... r=category

Design Scan Print 3D have an excellent range of 3D printed figures and you can even have yourself scanned and printed. However, you'd need to paint them yourself or find someone willing to paint them for you. http://designscanprint3d.bigcartel.com

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube