IP Engineering L&B Short Coaches

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

IP Engineering L&B Short Coaches

Post by IanC » Sat May 19, 2018 10:11 am

I am thinking of buying some of these kits, and was wondering if any forum members have any? If so I wonder if you would kindly measure the width for me please? I'd like to know the width of the body and the width across the widest part, assuming that's across the footboards?

The IP website just gives a width and I"m unsure if that's the body or widest part. I'm looking to buy something that closely matches the size of my existing stock which is no longer available.

Many thanks,

Ian
Ian

Tom the blacksmith
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: IP Engineering L&B Short Coaches

Post by Tom the blacksmith » Mon May 21, 2018 11:19 pm

Hi Ian,

I've just spotted this post and have measured my L&B short coach. You assume correctly and the widest point is between the footboards @ 115mm. The main body measures 96mm.
Cracking little kits but I made the cardinal sin first time round and followed the instructions and completed the kit before painting :error:.

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: IP Engineering L&B Short Coaches

Post by IanC » Tue May 22, 2018 9:29 am

Tom,

Many thanks for the info. It will prove very useful in helping me decide. The height is exactly what I am looking for, but the width may be a little narrow. I think I'll make up some rough approximations in card to the sizes of my short list to see how they look behind my loco.

One of the attractions was the ability to paint before construction. The swift sixteen kits are on the short list, but the painting will not be as easy unless I go for a single colour.

Regards,

Ian
Ian