airbrush

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: airbrush

Post by FWLR » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:42 am

You are so right Tom, what’s the point of having “Shelf Queens” I run mine, when my track is down, to run on it and not collect dust.

And it is always best to wear a proper mask, mine is a double filter one. The only time I had those “cheap dust masks” is when my grandson did a little bit of spraying on the windmill, because the proper mask was too heavy and didn’t fit him anyway. And he only used it for less then a minute.

Has it has been mentioned on another thread, we need to get youngsters into the hobby and there has to be a bit of give and take.

But like anything to do with painting, all types of it, are used to get what we want of our models, be it airbrush, rattle can or the really “Old Fashioned” paintbrush……they all have their place in our painting.

Using an airbrush to do long runs on bigger items needs a bigger nozzle, most of the cheaper makes only have 0.3, which are great for fine work, but try and do a long run with it and you will get fingers like one of those martial art fighters doing the “Crane” position :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I love using my airbrush, but I find a lot of satisfaction from using a paintbrush a lot more now, there is a certain degree of how it was done many years ago, when the coach builders only had paintbrushes to do what was wanted on the rolling stock.

Can I ask, has the OP got anywhere with his question on whether to get a cheap kit or to invest in a dearer model. We can go around in circles all day on the benefits or not of an airbrush, but if he hasn’t got anyway with the answers, I don’t see the point of this now. Sorry that’s my opinion, there are others, so hopefully we have given the OP an idea on whether to buy or not. :thumbright: