The Chedder Ivor is coming back...!

Announcements on new models and reviews should be posted here
garratt100
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

The Chedder Ivor is coming back...!

Post by garratt100 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:59 am

I spoke to Stuart models a few days ago & the guy was telling me that they are just about to re release the Chedder 'Iver'.

As most of you will know, when Cheddar unfortunatly collapsed, Stuart Models bought most of the remaining stock & also the rights to the company name & the locos.

Once the 'Iver' is up & running, they plan to re introduce the Baldwin & eventually the whole range.

No timescale was given though...

Chris.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:40 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A NEW IVER!!!

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:25 pm

Will be interesting to see what price Stuart Models put this loco out, as they have always seemed to be much dearer than Cheddar Models were.

Will it be available in both Gauges as before, or even better Gauge adjustable, as you could not re-gauge the Cheddar Models version?

Look forward to this with interest, but given that Stuart Models took over the Cheddar rights sometime ago things have moved very slowly. A quick check of their website shows that they have just re-issued the Puffin Marine engine, with a price increase to match.

So what will the new 'Iver' look like?

Chris Cairns.

garratt100
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by garratt100 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:41 pm

CCairns wrote:Will be interesting to see what price Stuart Models put this loco out, as they have always seemed to be much dearer than Cheddar Models were.

Will it be available in both Gauges as before, or even better Gauge adjustable, as you could not re-gauge the Cheddar Models version?

Look forward to this with interest, but given that Stuart Models took over the Cheddar rights sometime ago things have moved very slowly. A quick check of their website shows that they have just re-issued the Puffin Marine engine, with a price increase to match.

So what will the new 'Iver' look like?

Chris Cairns.
I'm not sure about price, but wouldn't be surprised if they were a little dearer.
You have to face facts though - half of Chedders reason for the fold up was that they were producing locos far too cheap for what they were. It took a lot of man hours to assemble a loco there & the sums just didn't add up...

I dont know if it'll be available in a gauge adjustable version, i think it's unlikely as the frames don't allow for it - inside frames for 45mm gauge & outside frames for 32mm gauge.
Maybe Stuarts have played around with the frames & made it adjustable...

I've not seen one, but the guy did say that not many mods have been done - so it'll probably still look as handsome as before!!

Chris.

grumpfuttock
Fireman
Fireman

Post by grumpfuttock » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:10 am

Thank you for this information Chris (Garratt100), that is good news. The Baldwin was a nice loco too.
John.

"I am not an armchair modeller, I have a garden railway, so I am a deckchair modeller."

http://www.tumblydowncottage.dk

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:25 am

I cant see it as being adjustable as that would take a lot of work to do that looking at my Iver now. I always prefered the outside framed 32mm one :lol:

Chris
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Chris » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:35 am

Will be interesting to see what the price is.

Probably too much for me.

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:02 pm

Chris wrote:Will be interesting to see what the price is.
That's what I'm thinking, if theydon't keep it below the £350 mark, then you might aswell buy an Edrig, so they'll have to keep it low. Personally I don't like the engine.

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:24 pm

And...here it is!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.stuartmodels.com/inprod_det. ... /mod_id/98

COSTS £585!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

MuzTrem
Driver
Driver

Post by MuzTrem » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Ouch! I'm not sure how many people will opt for that when Millies and Edrigs are availible for far less.

A pity, as believe it or not it is possible to turn them into rather pretty engines - there was an interesting article on the subject in 16mm Today some time ago.

Ah well. :(

SillyBilly
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by SillyBilly » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:54 pm

Interesting, but they're not going to sell many, they need to keep the price below £400 before they sell many.

A shame realy!

steamyjim
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by steamyjim » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:11 am

I certainly wont buy one, its a shame really :cry:

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:28 pm

COSTS £585!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I've mentioned in other postings you need to take into account VAT when buying items from the Channel Islands. So here is the actual cost: -

Iver £585
P & P £12
VAT £104.48
Total £701.48

Too pricey for the current market, and there is no tender either.

I'm glad I managed to get one from ebay some time ago.

Stuart Models states 'whilst taking the opportunity to improve the overall appearance.' However you need to go to the News section to find out what the improvements are. 'We felt the overall appearance of the original model left 'room for improvement' and decided to amongst other things paint the buffer beams, line the cabs and paint and line the boiler bands.' Or see the flyer here http://www.stuartmodels.com/pdfs/Iver-Loco-Flyer.pdf

It will be interesting to see if they sell this first batch.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:43 pm

WAY to expensive, definately! Why on earth do they think they will sell something not quite as good as a Edrig or a basic RH for a lot more?!

ACLR
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by ACLR » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:43 pm

way too expensive for us

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:16 pm

Stuart Models have just released a video of the 45mm Iver in action - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SpfltCTBqdE

Sadly the soundtrack is very dour (need to turn up the volume quite a bit to understand what he is saying) and the video is somewhat dark and low res.

Do not think it will help to sell these locos.

Spule 4
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Spule 4 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:53 pm

CCairns wrote:Stuart Models have just released a video of the 45mm Iver in action - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SpfltCTBqdE

Sadly the soundtrack is very dour (need to turn up the volume quite a bit to understand what he is saying) and the video is somewhat dark and low res.

Do not think it will help to sell these locos.
Yes, the man operating the loco can not be understood...

They have plenty of the locos built it appears. The price seems good, of course higher than Accucraft are now, but with the recent news out of China, this may change.
Garrett

"Some say that Mamods have problems.  Whatever. I view them as opportunities for improvement."

Matt
Driver
Driver

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:52 pm

What news is this? Has it got something to do with the violence in tibet and the olympic games? or is it some thing else that i haven't heard about?
Garden Railways-best hobby in the world.