New Accucraft Loco Dolgoch

Announcements on new models and reviews should be posted here
cncmodeller
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

New Accucraft Loco Dolgoch

Post by cncmodeller » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Unsurprisingly on this sleepy behind the times forum this new announcement from Accucraft is not on here [ I wonder what the Primary Garden Railway Forum is?]
So here it is : https://www.accucraft.uk.com/2018/12/ac ... er-news-8/

This I think is major news as it is intimating that all the Tallyllyn locos will be released in due course so a Corris Hughes Loco would be an interesting conversion project.

John

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Re: New Accucraft Loco Dolgoch

Post by tom_tom_go » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:49 pm

Feel free to not use the forum it if you find it behind the times particularly if you are going to be rude.

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:00 pm

They are not the only ones to announce a model of Dolgoch:

https://www.thetraindepartment.com/ttd- ... s/dolgoch/

Jay from The Train Dept in the US has announced his version as well. There appear to be a few issues regarding Accucraft's announcement and accusations of underhand dealings that are probably best not discussed here. The price of this one is expected to be a shade over £2k, a lot of money, perhaps but for a fully scale model supplied lined this does not seem OTT.

If people have any news of new releases please feel free to share it, we have no official links with any of the 16mm manufacturers and it appears that most of the new model announcements are done by social media these days.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

cncmodeller
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by cncmodeller » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:10 pm

I've never been a big fan of the squared off cab entrance, It spoils it's looks in my opinion.
I think actually there is a big enough market for two suppliers as these have been wanted by a lot of people for a very long time, even Accucraft don't make a vast quantity of any particular loco as one might think.

John

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:34 pm

I think you may be right about being a market for two suppliers. Accucraft have not been as successful as they might in delivering promised batches on time or on predicted price, this may be due to circumstances out of their control. Perhaps a smaller supplier may have more success?

I agree that the curved topped looks a bit more pleasing on the eye but if this came about after the rebuild that was finished in 1963 it has been like it for a third of its working life. There are always modifications made on an engine this old and where do you draw the line on what to depict or not?
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

dewintondave
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by dewintondave » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:11 am

Big Jim wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:00 pm There appear to be a few issues regarding Accucraft's announcement and accusations of underhand dealings that are probably best not discussed here.
Yes, we had quite a debate on this on Facebook at the time, and the mods unfortunately came down on the side of Accucraft by censuring us. When a manufacturer went rogue the mods wouldn't allow criticism, therefore potential buyers don't get to hear of their ethical shortcomings.
Best wishes,
Dave

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:28 am

dewintondave wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:11 am
Big Jim wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:00 pm There appear to be a few issues regarding Accucraft's announcement and accusations of underhand dealings that are probably best not discussed here.
Yes, we had quite a debate on this on Facebook at the time, and the mods unfortunately came down on the side of Accucraft by censuring us. When a manufacturer went rogue the mods wouldn't allow criticism, therefore potential buyers don't get to hear of their ethical shortcomings.

Facebook is always biased and will often flag you as "offensive" if it doesn't agree with their views. It happens in every industry, companies you underhanded tactics to ensure critics ect only say good things...

Looks great though, although too expensive for me. Beddgelert will probably be my newest engine for a while yet

TheChestnutLine
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by TheChestnutLine » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:15 pm

cncmodeller wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:28 pm Unsurprisingly on this sleepy behind the times forum this new announcement from Accucraft is not on here [ I wonder what the Primary Garden Railway Forum is?]
So here it is : https://www.accucraft.uk.com/2018/12/ac ... er-news-8/

This I think is major news as it is intimating that all the Tallyllyn locos will be released in due course so a Corris Hughes Loco would be an interesting conversion project.

John

I think you'll find the 6th post down in the 'New Models & Reviews' covered this in December...
James

cncmodeller
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by cncmodeller » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:22 pm

I think you will find that was two weeks later....
John

Busted Bricks
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Busted Bricks » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:26 pm

TheChestnutLine wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:15 pm

I think you'll find the 6th post down in the 'New Models & Reviews' covered this in December...
And let facts get in the way of a good moan? ;)
tom_tom_go wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:49 pm Feel free to not use the forum it if you find it behind the times particularly if you are going to be rude.
My thoughts exactly. It was a very strange way to start a discussion, particularly as the claim made was false. I wonder if an apology is forthcoming?

DonW
Fireman
Fireman

Post by DonW » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:25 pm

I have been advised that the Accucraft Dolgoch I ordered should be dispatched this week. I had asked Tony Sant about one but there was a queue of about 70 people wanting one I was not sure I would live long enough to receive one. Having driven Dolgoch up to Bryn Glas and back I felt it was a must for my line.
I cannot remember now whether I took this picture before or after my trip probably on return.
Dolgoch.jpg
Dolgoch.jpg (50.53 KiB) Viewed 11261 times
Don

DonW
Fireman
Fireman

Post by DonW » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:57 pm

Dolgoch arrived today
dolgoch1.JPG
dolgoch1.JPG (22.08 KiB) Viewed 11189 times
dolgoch2.JPG
dolgoch2.JPG (27.59 KiB) Viewed 11189 times
The paintjob and detailing are superb. The whistle is supplied but I haven't fitted it yet I presume it was separate to avoid damage. Thhe only thing missing from my photo would seem to be what I assume is a vaccuum pump on the rh side I dont know when that was fitted.

I have no track here as yet so I will either have to get the rolling road out or lay a couple of lemgths on a board to carry out a steam test.

Don

MRail
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by MRail » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:07 am

Dolgoch has an air bake pump forward of cab, RHS.
Rob G
Madog & Mersey Railway (SM32)
In my Father's roundhouse are many loco sheds.

cncmodeller
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by cncmodeller » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:02 pm

The air brake is a modern addition I'd leave it off.
John

DonW
Fireman
Fireman

Post by DonW » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:31 am

I checked with the packet of bits there is no Air Brake. I think I can live with the omission. I do remember the brake handle bing on the RHS of the cab and using it. We dont need to have working brakes on our models.

Don