Mamod / MSS / IP Jane / Janet Body Overlay Kits 2016

Announcements on new models and reviews should be posted here
dougrail
Driver
Driver

Mamod / MSS / IP Jane / Janet Body Overlay Kits 2016

Post by dougrail » Fri May 06, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi folks,

I am considering doing another run of body overlay kits for little locos.

I have two styles sofar - a Tender Loco Bodykit, and a Sidetanks-only kit.

SIDETANKS KIT
The first is the sidetanks only kit, with the option of rivet detail - the kit comes with the interiors punched to guide where to punch out rivets should you want.

As delivered - flatpack. There are seven kits here.

Folded out, unpainted, unpunched:

Folded out, rivetpunched, unpainted:

Fitted and painted - a couple of happy customers.

PRICE  -£25 + £2 P&P UK

================

TENDER LOCO BODYKIT

This is a slightly more hefty kit, coming with deeper tanks and an enlargement of the cabsides, for the more civilised railway company which cares about its employees  :lol:

As delivered...

As set, folded and setup, unriveted and unpainted

Rivetpunch guides in the interior:

Finished and attached:-

£33 + £2 p&p UK

Improvements:

The Tender Loco Bodykit sold out on its initial run which was impressive and if there are three orders for a mk1, I will order some more. However I have also sought some improvements on it.

First would be the top horizontal of the cab entrance, make this thicker and less flimsy. The front panel would be shortened in height; from the top of the piece down to the smokebox footplate it would be reduced to the same height as the front panel on my "Simple" kit to make for easier fitting.

Illustrated below.

Target is 4 orders for this to go ahead, at £33 per kit and £2 P+p UK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BARGAIN BASEMENT

I have 1 mk1 Tender Loco Body kit, etch primed and rivet punched but without the frontside folds. This was a prototype while designing the kits. It is otherise in perfect nick and easily attached to your loco. For this, I would want £25 + £2 p&P UK.

Thank you for your time

dougrail
Driver
Driver

Post by dougrail » Mon May 09, 2016 8:38 pm

UPDATE 09/05/16 - I have had 1 x side tanks order and 1 x tender loco body order. One more of each would unlock the existing orders; two more for the 'improved' tender loco body to be developed.

If you are thinking about it, I can assure you that this is all genuine - I ddi design them, I do have them made and I certainly do deliver as quickly as possible, as per the 'gallery' of photos. :)

dougrail
Driver
Driver

Post by dougrail » Wed May 11, 2016 12:16 am

update 10/05/16 - 2 orders now received for the Sidetanks Only kits, so these have now been ordered. As seen there are several per batch, so please do place your orders - they will be fulfilled.

Regarding the Tender Loco bodykits, with only 1 order for the mk 2, it may be that I will run off a small batch of the mk 1s to satisfy orders.

dougrail
Driver
Driver

Post by dougrail » Sat May 21, 2016 2:49 pm

UPDATE 21/05/16 - The batch of Side Tanks has been completed and paid for, I am collecting them early next week. There are four kits left for sale.

dougrail
Driver
Driver

Post by dougrail » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:27 pm

The Side Tanks overlay batch are at my den. I have had some orders already but now have FOUR kits available for sale and instant dispatch. Please leave reply or send PM. :)

Many thanks.