Fireman
Fireman

Post by SapperAnt » Tue May 17, 2016 7:29 pm

Looks fantastic! Love the planting - what did you use? :D

mightymax
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by mightymax » Tue May 17, 2016 8:40 pm

SapperAnt:118134 wrote:Looks fantastic! Love the planting - what did you use?  :D
to be honest it's a bit of a mix, baby tears for ground cover, little buxus in the back ground, Tyme , if I am honest it was a case of a trip to the garden centre looked in the dwarf and alpine section and brought what I liked. All buxus , the ones at the station also are brought from car boots. Lots of plants, especially baby tears can be split, my wife split lots of plants, so saved a lot there.

LNR
Driver
Driver

Post by LNR » Wed May 18, 2016 3:42 am

Like the last low angle pic. a lot. The line already looks as if its been there for some time.
Grant.

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Wed May 18, 2016 4:15 am

Coming along very nicely I must say!

I have a heck of a job with planting and have essentially given up. It can get down to -15C over night in winter, and up to 35C in summer, and there are long periods of little or no rain, followed by torrents which wash away everything in their path. I civilize what will grow naturally, and leave it at that!

Cheers,
Peter in AZ
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.

mightymax
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by mightymax » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:34 pm

A little copper mine built today.

planty
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by planty » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Makes me kind of want to rip up parts of mine and start again, some really impressive landscaping. Love the tunnel and makes me wish I'd used paving to get a nice flat level track bed.
--
The Methley Joint Railway - http://www.jasonplant.com/Pages/Railway.aspx

mightymax
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by mightymax » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:23 pm

planty:118601 wrote:Makes me kind of want to rip up parts of mine and start again, some really impressive landscaping. Love the tunnel and makes me wish I'd used paving to get a nice flat level track bed.
. It's all a learning curve this game . I used blocks because I thought easier than concrete, and I had lots laying around at work. I am happy with the tunnel, took a while to find the right bits of slate rock to use, but once shrubs have grown around it and settled in, I think then il be close to being happy with it. Thanks for encouraging comments.😃

James from Devon
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by James from Devon » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:04 pm

Really enjoying following the progress with your line, it looks wonderful.

Hope you are enjoying the build!
Garden railways don't run on steam or electric rather wine and Jedi master level patience