My 3D Printed Beam Engine printed by ge_rik

What is your latest project?
FWLR
Driver
Driver

My 3D Printed Beam Engine printed by ge_rik

Post by FWLR » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:53 am

This is my 3D printed Beam Engine that ge_rik printed for me. It's not as good has Rik's, but Anne is happy with it, has am I.

Thank you Rik, it's a brilliant model you have come up with, even if it was online. It still needed a little bit of work from you I think. I hope I have done it justice...

The flywheel does suffer from a slight wobble from me being a little bit enthusiastic with the 600 Wet & Dry I used to take a little bit out of the bearing blocks, sorry Rik.... I did really only want to take a little bit from them.. :cry:

It will be going onto our line next year when the weather gets warmer again. But where we will need to wait and see..

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My 3D Printed Beam Engine printed by ge_rik

Post by ge_rik » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:58 pm

It not only looks great, Rod, it sounds like a beam engne too! Great work!

It's not the easiest kit to put together and the quality of the parts turned out by my cheapo printer are not the best, but you've produced something to be proud of.
You've even put the ladder together. I chickened out of doing that as the parts are extremely fragile.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: My 3D Printed Beam Engine printed by ge_rik

Post by FWLR » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:38 am

Thanks Rik. It is a great kit though and your machine has done an excellent job. I am proud of it....