The remaining unfinished projects

What is your latest project?
RylstonLight
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

The remaining unfinished projects

Post by RylstonLight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Today I have wondered around the house trying to find the remaining unfinished projects. To be honest it got me mobile although tiring.

So what is to do?

The easy: fitting small snow-ploughs to "Pog". They have been in the workshop for about 15y. Supplied from GRS.
plow.png
plow.png (368.09 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

Another from GRS. This is as far as a got with their milk-tanker kit to fit the L&M transporter wagon. All I have done is carve off some of the mouldings not wanted for this kit. This is relatively new stalled project of about 2 years.
milk tanker.png
milk tanker.png (315.84 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

The IP Engineering Lister is, to be fair, a stalled-rebuild. I tried to fit more controllable drive, but couldn't get it to fit. It now awaits refitting the original elctrics and repainting.
Lister.png
Lister.png (359.62 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

The next stalled job is nearly finished. It is a Swift Sixteen railbus that just needs glazing and roof-horns fitting.
railbus.png
railbus.png (323.41 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

Another long-term stall is a scratch-build Cleminson observation coach. It is dimensioned to fit the original 4 wheeler that I scratch built. The represent the heritage coaches of the RLR. Lots to do on this though, and I worry about the vertical ride of the Cleminson mechanism.
Cleminson obs.png
Cleminson obs.png (329.99 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

Another scratch-build is the bow-ended observation. Both of these were started before laser-cut ply was used in the model world.
Bowend obs.png
Bowend obs.png (310.1 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

A major job, which will have to remain on hold at present, is a coal-fired Robert. I seem to remember I got it running on air.
Robert.png
Robert.png (346.5 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

Another major project which is beyond current means is Rylston Station building which has cluttered the desk since summer. This is more recent as I was working on it when took ill.
Rylston.png
Rylston.png (374.43 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

Oh, I suppose I ought to list roofing the engine shed and finishing the pickle factory that are both outside. Also still on hold is the rebuild of the RLR on a new site which was planned for spring.

Well, where to start?
Andy S. at the Rylston Light Railway

bazzer42
Driver
Driver

Re: The remaining unfinished projects

Post by bazzer42 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Lots of nice projects to choose from, bit like me with a dessert menu.....where to start?

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:53 pm

It seems impossible to make a priority list for your projects as they all would be great additions to your railway. I find I work better when I am in the mood and have enthusiasm for a particular build, even if it isn't the most pressing at the time, and whichever you choose is one less off the list.... just enjoy it.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

steamer68
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by steamer68 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 pm

A great selection of projects and plenty to keep you busy. :D
Regards
Kevin

RylstonLight
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by RylstonLight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Peter Butler wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:53 pm It seems impossible to make a priority list for your projects as they all would be great additions to your railway. I find I work better when I am in the mood and have enthusiasm for a particular build, even if it isn't the most pressing at the time, and whichever you choose is one less off the list.... just enjoy it.
Wise words - agreed. Neither the Lister or the ploughs are priority, but they are more manageable size. And whilst I’m at it there are a couple of things awaiting refixing on “Pog” (typically never done after a major rebuild!).

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Glad it is not just me that stalls projects and then does not finish them until years later.

Get you though, having a coal fired Robert just lying about the house!

RylstonLight
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by RylstonLight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:16 pm

tom_tom_go wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:05 pm Glad it is not just me that stalls projects and then does not finish them until years later.

Get you though, having a coal fired Robert just lying about the house!
Ahem, a 25th wedding anniversary present, which makes it 4 years in parts. The Lady Anne kit took 8 days to fully painted a few years before! I blame work.