Newqidas on the Block

What is your latest project?
IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Re: Newqidas on the Block

Post by IrishPeter » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:42 am

The conclusion of the matter was that they get longitudinal bench seats for their role as CIE rebuilds. 63mm is about 4' 2.5" in 15mm scale, which is too much of a 'knee zipper' to be tolerated. One nice follow-on project would be a 'pre-rebuild version' based on the high arc roof vehicles built for the BC&RBR in the 1880s with ten small windows rather than seven slightly bigger ones. Not that I need any more projects...

Still brewing on whether the next vehicle will be for the outdoor line or the other CIE rebuild.

Cheers,
Peter in Va
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:42 am

I think the colour combination looks brilliant and it stands out from the rest of the usual colours you seeโ€ฆ

Well done Peter. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:35 pm

The last comment - about the BC&RBR - has me wondering if the brake van I built to their design survived the move, or whether it was one of the early scratch builds that I pitched to save space. They were a bit primitive when compared to many of the passenger vans but they lasted until 1940-ish.

Cheers,
Peter in Va
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:34 pm

I do like the look of that! A brave and bold decision, but I reckon it's paid off...

Cheers,

Andrew.