New railway

What is your latest project?
methsman
Cleaner
Cleaner

New railway

Post by methsman » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Finally got round to making a start on my new railway, it's been all in storage for about 12 years .I built a wood store approx 18 inches high and have used the top of it a base board for the station area.So far I have laid the track for the station ,the rest of the layout will be of post and board construction as yet not started. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Peco rail fits into the 10 mil plastic chairs as I have a large quantity of both and all Ineed to do is source some suitable sized strip wood for the sleepers.
I will try to post some pics a s a p , all I have is an I pad so don't hold your breath . Chris

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:58 am

Good luck Chris.

I understand an ipad can prodduce acceptable pictures so post away. I am still at the planning stage with my railway after 10 years :) I'll get a round tuit one day. :D

I look forward to seeing pictures of the construction. It might inspire me. I have been considering using posts and boards, covered with roofing felt.

Ian

dizzysteamer
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by dizzysteamer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:01 am

Go for it :D we started the end of Oct last year and its been fun ever since :D

dizzysteamer ;)
Amateur engineer,  frustrated would be locomotive driver😊

markoteal
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by markoteal » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Yes good luck - I operate a similar build approach around my garden one CHLR - suits me and my dodgy knees!
Where did I put that uncoupler?