What more need I say .......
I can't find an emoji for drooling, so just use your imagination .......
Here is the next stage, firstly the brass panel made to cover the hole in the roof with hole for the chimney/safety valve.
Next a shot of the roof covered with a piece of fabric from an old shirt.
And a close up of the roof painted. It was just sprayed with grey primer and rubbed down lightly to remove some small blobs (it was an old tin !). Quite pleased with the texture of it and the way you can still get an impression of the planks underneath.
Finally the lining completed and the roof fully painted. The lining wasn't quite as perfect as I'd hoped but after a bit of tidying up it looks good under the 6ft rule. Maybe even get away with 3ft ! Originally I wanted gold lining but when I tried it it wouldn't go on nicely and surprisingly didn't show up very well so I started again and found another colour from Humbrol which I think looks ok. I'd also started varnishing the interior by this stage.
I have tried (and failed) to find an alternative, on-line supplier, so Halfords is the only one I know.
I like a satin finish myself but with all the different types of paint I'm just a little bit nervous about spraying something over the top after a nasty experience with my Roundhouse Garratt. I spent hours lining it and was very happy with the result. I started to spray it with satin varnish, Humbrol I think, and the lining paint immediately started to bubble up. I had to remove it all and start again. I'm not anxious to repeat that ! I suppose I could paint and line a test piece and try the Halfords lacquer on that.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests