What is your latest project?
Keith S
Driver
Driver

Re: The Reading and Squamish Light Railway Stock Thread

Post by Keith S » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:57 am

big-ted wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:58 am
I'm in Vancouver. You're more than welcome anytime you're in town. Gotta find some kind of silver lining to the change from Milan to Abbotsford!!
Not as bad as you might think. My training was in Malpensa, which is where the airport is; a particularly deserted and dusty little place, and Milano is not my favourite city, really. I actually found my first session in Abbotsford last month quite enjoyable. For one thing, it was a two-hour journey to get there rather than twenty. Also I spent some of my childhood in Coastal British Columbia, and later worked there, and in my opinion it's the most beautiful part of Canada. (Yes even Abbotsford).. I will miss stopping in England on the way home, but we still go there for work sometimes so hey-ho, not so bad.

Anyway, if I can convince the airport security to let me on with a live-steam locomotive, I'll bring mine next time and we can confound your club members with TWO maroon, apartment-built British locos!

big-ted
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: The Reading and Squamish Light Railway Stock Thread

Post by big-ted » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Keith S wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:57 am

Anyway, if I can convince the airport security to let me on with a live-steam locomotive, I'll bring mine next time and we can confound your club members with TWO maroon, apartment-built British locos!
I think I mentioned elsewhere in the thread that I had my kit shipped to my Dad's place in the UK. I picked it up when I came to visit, the flew to my Mum's in Spain with it, then flew home to Canada. The boiler got scrutinised many times by airport security but, believe it or not, the only thing they actually stopped me from carrying in my hand luggage were the screwdriver tips for the Roundhouse multitool...