Peckforton Mine Tramway - Simplex loco's first run

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Peckforton Mine Tramway - Simplex loco's first run

Post by ge_rik » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:28 pm

First proper run of my recently completed IP Engineering Simplex.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGhpa8eKlug?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGhpa8eKlug?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Still needs a driver and the track needs a little attention - but the Peckforton Mine Tramway (PMT) is taking shape.

URL in case your computer or tablet can't play the embedded version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGhpa8eKlug

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:28 pm

Short, but very sweet!!!
Emma looks good and performs well, what more is there?
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

Soar Valley Light
Driver
Driver

Post by Soar Valley Light » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Very nice Rik, very nice indeed. The attention to detail shows everywhere. The loco is a real work of art and clearly runs very sweetly. Another Peckforton triumph!
"Smith! Why do you only come to work four days a week?
"'cause I can't manage on three gaffer!"

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:50 am

Rather good that Rik.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Thanks chaps. By no means perfect, but she does look the part.

The 45mm gauge chassis arrived this morning from Ivan and so I wasted very little time in putting it together and giving her a run on the main line. The sprockets haven't yet arrived to make the chassis 4wd and so at the moment her pulling power is limited - but she seemed to like the opportunity to stretch her legs on a longer run ......

http://youtu.be/vibFKCukqCw

Rik
------------------------

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:12 pm

That's a lovely little film! Like one of those ones from the 50s and 60s of industrial lines working out their last days... The loco looks great, love the weathering.

You'd better be careful next time the Peckforton Flyer takes to the rails though, there's a stray tipper wagon hiding in the bushes somewhere!

Cheers,

Andrew.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Andrew:111759 wrote:That's a lovely little film! Like one of those ones from the 50s and 60s of industrial lines working out their last days... The loco looks great, love the weathering.

You'd better be careful next time the Peckforton Flyer takes to the rails though, there's a stray tipper wagon hiding in the bushes somewhere!

Cheers,

Andrew.
Eagle-eyed Andrew - well spotted. The trackwork in the Copper Mine yard includes some R1s and she struggled a bit with four tippers so one had to be jettisoned for the final shot. I'm hoping the sprockets arrive soon so I can give her 4wd

Rik
------------------------