New layout

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

New layout

Post by mymodeltrain » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:48 am

After 10 years, it took some courage to redesign the railway layout. I have been planning for many years, but no time to make it realization. In the past, the elevated system was separated from the ground level, two trains could run separately. But I rarely have two trains running at the same time. Further, the elevated layout has a narrow turn; it can accommodate small locomotives.
I combined the elevated and ground levels into one single loop in this new layout. It's quite challenging for a small space for this design, but after all, I could make the curves as large as 8ft. This is a test run; not very smooth yet, but encouraging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeGVL_o64aA&t=20s

Andrew

Re: New layout

Post by Andrew » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:53 am

I like that - it looks a lot of fun... I particularly like that big bridge...

Ianm
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Ianm » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:07 am

Great job - the track, trains and buildings all fit into the garden wonderfully. As Andrew said - the bridge is very impressive. :thumbright:
Ian M
WIRL

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:36 am

Looking good. I see you've now linked the upper and lower tracks. Must make it a lot more fun to operate.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube