Garden railway in the Summer

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Garden railway in the Summer

Post by mymodeltrain » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:16 pm

My daughter and I just made this movie yesterday evening; it was fun to play with a kiddo in the garden; it was steaming hot, though. The weather was nearly 100F.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQAIc-IiSrk

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Garden railway in the Summer

Post by ge_rik » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:34 am

Looks like fun 😊

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:04 pm

Lovely to hear the crickets/grasshoppers- something we only seem to hear in North Yorkshire when it's really hot. We had temperatures in the 90's a couple of weeks ago, and high humidity - but it's never around long enough to get acclimatised too. After a week of rain we are back to temperatures of mid sixties.
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by mymodeltrain » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:23 pm

Lonsdaler wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:04 pm Lovely to hear the crickets/grasshoppers- something we only seem to hear in North Yorkshire when it's really hot. We had temperatures in the 90's a couple of weeks ago, and high humidity - but it's never around long enough to get acclimatised too. After a week of rain we are back to temperatures of mid sixties.
Very interesting that the cellphone camera could pick up frequencies outside the range where humans can hear. Usually, I don't hear the sound of crickets/grasshoppers. There are many plants and flowers around the garden, so we saw bees, wasps, many birds, including cardinals, pigeons, blue jays, and turtles.