"Patrica Anne" first run

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
FWLR
Driver
Driver

"Patrica Anne" first run

Post by FWLR » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:56 am

This is a short video of a test run of "Patrica Anne" before I go to the steam up today.
She was a little bit tight, but soon freed up and ran really smoothly.

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: "Patrica Anne" first run

Post by Peter Butler » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:19 am

Looking good Rod, glad she is running well and I hope you have a great time at your meeting.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:41 am

It was a brilliant day, well afternoon at Phil's (Lonsdaler) really fantastic surroundings and a superb line that my loco went round with no issues, the only thing was, my back and legs, Phil's line is ground level mostly, luckily though "Patrica Anne" didn't give my any cause for concern. You do however need to drive your loco around it, which I find is far better than just switching it on and leaving it, battery powered is fine, but live steam needs to be driven in my opinion and Phil's line does that. It's not overly like a switchback, just nice and smooth running, it was for "Patrica Anne" anyway.

The service Peter and his mate gave her has made so much of a difference to her running, although I do still need to get to grips with the controller, it's a little bit delicate.

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:16 am

FWLR wrote: ↑Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:41 am It was a brilliant day, well afternoon at Phil's (Lonsdaler) really fantastic surroundings and a superb line that my loco went round with no issues, the only thing was, my back and legs, Phil's line is ground level mostly, luckily though "Patrica Anne" didn't give my any cause for concern. You do however need to drive your loco around it, which I find is far better than just switching it on and leaving it, battery powered is fine, but live steam needs to be driven in my opinion and Phil's line does that. It's not overly like a switchback, just nice and smooth running, it was for "Patrica Anne" anyway.

The service Peter and his mate gave her has made so much of a difference to her running, although I do still need to get to grips with the controller, it's a little bit delicate.
Glad you enjoyed it Rod, and your loco ran well. I'll do a post about the steam up in open days later today.
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077