LGB ToyTrain diesel bash

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

LGB ToyTrain diesel bash

Post by ge_rik » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Short video of the latest addition to the railway. Taken a while to iron out a few bugs in the Arduino RC system, but nearly there!

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

LNR
Driver
Driver

Re: LGB ToyTrain diesel bash

Post by LNR » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:00 am

Well done Rik,
There's no doubt about it, a sound unit really brings a battery powered loco to life. I'd be happy just listening to them start up, and shut down.
I am also very envious of your video skills, as I have borrowed some good equipment and am trying to master it without much luck. and a lot of frustration.
Grant.

gregh
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by gregh » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:17 am

Great job Rik. I'm always amazed how you fit all the stuff in those small diesels.

This hobby is great for learning new skills, isn't it? Who'd have thought you'd need the knowledge to control an MP3 player in a loco using a micro computer, a few years ago.
Greg from downunder.
The Sandstone & Termite's website: https://members.optusnet.com.au/satr/satr.htm

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:01 pm

gregh wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:17 am This hobby is great for learning new skills, isn't it? Who'd have thought you'd need the knowledge to control an MP3 player in a loco using a micro computer, a few years ago.
It is incredible what can now be done - and at a bargain price as well!
LNR wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:00 am There's no doubt about it, a sound unit really brings a battery powered loco to life. I'd be happy just listening to them start up, and shut down.
I am also very envious of your video skills, as I have borrowed some good equipment and am trying to master it without much luck. and a lot of frustration.
I agree. For a while I resisted installing sound in my locos but now I wouldn't be without it. There's something very satisfying about seeing and hearing a loco chuffing or chugging its way around the garden.

Not much involved in shooting the video, I assure you. I just plonk the camera down and run the train past it. Sometimes I have to do a few takes before I get it right, though - you can just hear my sigh of relief at the end of the final clip.

There's a bit of effort involved in editing the clips together, I suppose. I like to try only staying on a shot for as long as I feel it will sustain interest. Don't always get it right, though.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

jaypalmer
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by jaypalmer » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:14 am

i like the sounds.. i take a lot of selfies and tik tok vids and i know about how many takes it can take to get them just right
:queen: :queen: :queen: :queen:
:queen: Yes that is me in my avatar.. :queen: