PLR - the pickup goods

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
BorisSpencer
Fireman
Fireman

Re: PLR - the pickup goods

Post by BorisSpencer » Tue May 28, 2019 5:57 pm

Interesting viewing, especially as I decided to wait and watch it on the TV rather than the laptop.
Thinking my memory was as good as when I was 20 I ended up watching Follow the Freight, from 2017 :roll: , although it did show how much your line has changed over the last 2 years. It does seem rather more sparsely populated the before, but I assume that's either down to austerity or because it's early in the season and you hadn't put out all your usual figures.

Soar Valley Light
Driver
Driver

Post by Soar Valley Light » Tue May 28, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks Rik, this is what it's all about.

I love watching a railway at work and yours does this admirably. I'm getting to know it so well I'm begining to recognise one or two of the staff!

There doesn't seem to have been much traffic into the mill sidindg lately, mind you, if MYOB grows at the same rate as some of my Thymes that growth over the track may be the work of days rather than weeks.

The cobewebs under the first bridge on the way back looked very much like some of the trash nets that we've had over the Tottenham lines between Carlton Road JCt and Junction Road Jct. However, I suspect the residents of Peckforton and Beeston are rather less prone to dumping rubbish on the track!

THanks for taking the time and trouble to entertain us.

Andrew
"Smith! Why do you only come to work four days a week?
"'cause I can't manage on three gaffer!"

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Wed May 29, 2019 7:46 am

BorisSpencer wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:57 pm Interesting viewing, especially as I decided to wait and watch it on the TV rather than the laptop.
Thinking my memory was as good as when I was 20 I ended up watching Follow the Freight, from 2017 :roll: , although it did show how much your line has changed over the last 2 years. It does seem rather more sparsely populated the before, but I assume that's either down to austerity or because it's early in the season and you hadn't put out all your usual figures.
I wondered if anyone would notice..... Can't get much past you lot :)
I decided (afterwards) that there would be very few passengers around at the times the goods train was going through the stations - apart from when the afternoon passenger passed through Peckforton. Always a less frequented service that one ;)

The real reason was that I snatched some operating time between forecasts of rain - so did minimal prep.
Soar Valley Light wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:12 pm There doesn't seem to have been much traffic into the mill siding lately
Wrong time of year for grain harvesting (he said unconvincingly ..... :? ;) )
Soar Valley Light wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:12 pm The cobewebs under the first bridge on the way back looked very much like some of the trash nets that we've had over the Tottenham lines between Carlton Road JCt and Junction Road Jct. However, I suspect the residents of Peckforton and Beeston are rather less prone to dumping rubbish on the track!
Well, you know what kids are like when they don't have enough to do ..... Interesting, just realised that, as yet, there are no members of the constabulary in the Peckforton area population. Something I'm going to have to remedy... :shock:

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube