Peckforton Light Railway - First running session 2019

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Peckforton Light Railway - First running session 2019

Post by ge_rik » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:07 pm

The fine weather has given me an opportunity to run some trains. Had a chance to integrate new traffic to and from the sand quarry and the brewery into my normal running schedule. Thrown up some interesting challenges ......

Anyhow, here's a video. Sorry, it's a bit longer than my usual ones. Hope some of you enjoy it.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: Peckforton Light Railway - First running session 2019

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:06 pm

Well I certainly enjoyed it Rik, I had a smile on my face the whole journey. You have a great variety of stock to choose from and they all look the part.
It certainly is a busy line you have there, how you manage to control them as well as filming is a mystery.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

gregh
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by gregh » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:44 am

What a pleasant way to spend Easter Monday - watching the PLR go about its business.
Thanks for the great video.
Greg from downunder.
The Sandstone & Termite's website: https://members.optusnet.com.au/satr/satr.htm

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 am

Thanks folks. The first time that all stock (apart from a handful of locos) has new couplings. A few teething problems - mostly bent hooks - will check every one against my 'standard' wagon for consistency as I put them away. Though I may be forced to run a few more trains while the sun still shines!

Rik
------------------------

philipy

Post by philipy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:30 am

Well worth the length Rik. Beautiful, thank you.
It's lovely to see the buildings, etc , in situ and 'working' after watching their gestations in naked shots.

BTW, not a criticism, but the upstream end of the watermill roof seems to have got a problem. Is it the HIPS warping from differential shrinkage of the tiles layer?
Philip

RobRossington
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by RobRossington » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:02 pm

Top quality as always Rik!

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:51 pm

philipy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:30 am BTW, not a criticism, but the upstream end of the watermill roof seems to have got a problem. Is it the HIPS warping from differential shrinkage of the tiles layer?
Hi Philip
Yes, I think it must be. The roof is 3mm foamboard covered in HIPS tiles in strips. I left half the roof removable in case I ever get around to fitting out the interior. What little sun does reach that part of the garden seems to have warped it a bit. Must try gluing some stiffeners inside.

It's interesting what anomalies ground level photography throws up. I've spotted a couple of wagons which need some tarting up. Plonking the video camera down gives me a chance to see things which I wouldn't see unless I crouched or laid down. It's not so much the getting down which is the problem, it's the getting back up again!

Rik
------------------------