Week-end at Haruka garden railway

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Week-end at Haruka garden railway

Post by mymodeltrain » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:38 pm

We had a nice weather in this week-end in Nashville; it's the best one in several months. BTW, a kindergarten friend of my daughter came for a visit with her family, so I decided to set 2 trains at the same time, and the one on the ground, probably, the longest one ever on Haruka garden railway. It was a very fun gathering; kids and adults, all loved it.

Note: I set my phone camera high resolution and the movie is about 1GB, but when transferred to Youtube, the quality reduces significantly. If someone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUNOCiC ... e=youtu.be

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Re: Week-end at Haruka garden railway

Post by Lonsdaler » Wed May 02, 2018 9:53 am

Nice :thumbup:
I was surprised to see you mention Nashville. I had always assumed you were actually based in Japan :roll:
As for video quality, this may or may not help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21EQLm7mfbI
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by mymodeltrain » Wed May 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Lonsdaler wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:53 am Nice :thumbup:
I was surprised to see you mention Nashville. I had always assumed you were actually based in Japan :roll:
As for video quality, this may or may not help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21EQLm7mfbI
Thanks for the information, I will read to learn how to improve the video quality. Yes, my wife's family is in Japan, and I went there at least once a year for family and business trips. My little daughter studies in Japan every Summer when she visited grandparents, but currently, I live and work in Nashville. The garden railway was built for my daughter. When she was about to be two, I was searching for a special toy for her birthday and I came across model trains and it is how I involved in the hobby since then.

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Wed May 02, 2018 8:10 pm

When you upload to YouTube your videos are not instantly available in HD as they take time to render.

The video you posted is now available to watch @ 1080p.

mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by mymodeltrain » Wed May 02, 2018 9:02 pm

tom_tom_go wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:10 pm When you upload to YouTube your videos are not instantly available in HD as they take time to render.

The video you posted is now available to watch @ 1080p.
I noticed that the quality of the video improved latter, but I was uncertain whether my observation is correct, so thanks for your explanation. How do we know the video is @1080p?

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Wed May 02, 2018 9:07 pm

When you watch a video select quality and you get the option to watch in different resolutions (depending on the quality of the original video uploaded).

mymodeltrain
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by mymodeltrain » Wed May 02, 2018 9:29 pm

tom_tom_go wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:07 pm When you watch a video select quality and you get the option to watch in different resolutions (depending on the quality of the original video uploaded).
What a huge difference, I just watched the video @1080p, very nice! thanks for the information.