Grandson driving a Live Steam for the 1st time

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
FWLR
Driver
Driver

Grandson driving a Live Steam for the 1st time

Post by FWLR » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:39 am

This is my Grandson driving my live steam for the 1st time, I thought he did brilliantly, he just sat down in the sun looking so cool, while his Sister, Mum and Nana watched on, his Sister did have a little go with my hand on the Tx, just along the straight by my garage…she loved it, but I couldn’t take a video of her, the look on her face was of shear joy…

I know the gas regulator was running a bit high, but I didn’t want to stop him running it. I did stop him and turn it down after, he was running it until just before it ran out of water.
The chip on the dome was my fault when I tried to take it off last year when she was running a bit too hot and dropped it on the flags, ooh it was hot… :oops:

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: Grandson driving a Live Steam for the 1st time

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:08 am

Start 'em young Rod... he looks to be capable of handling that and might go on to be a modeller in his own right?
It seems the Fairies have visited the FWLR and extended your line when Anne wasn't looking.... nice run you have there now.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

steamer68
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by steamer68 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Rod its really nice to see the younger generation getting involved and your grandson seems to be enjoying running your loco and hopefully a modeller in the future. :thumbright:
Regards
Kevin

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:39 am

Thanks Peter & Kevin, he really did enjoy himself. I have bought him a little ip engineering kit to build whenever he comes round, but I like him to run the trains more 1st.

I will post on my FWLR thread how he his getting on.

Peter, I want the line to go on and on…… :lol: :lol: :lol: