Snow Business

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: Snow Business

Post by FWLR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:49 am

ge_rik wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:15 pm
FWLR wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:47 pm ...... what about the points, did you just run your trains as is, or did you free them up. I found my points wouldn’t move at all.
Hi Rod
Fortunately most of my points were already switched to the right direction. A couple needed to be cleared of loose snow to ensure the blades properly bedded against the stock rails. However, the point which was on the raised section was completely iced up (and frozen in the wrong direction - Sod's Law). That took a fair bit of fettling and persuasion to free it up.

Rik
I did get mine free eventually, with a very small amount of de-icer rubbed on with a cloth over the rails and the lever point, didn’t want to put to much on just in case, you never know with that stuff...

Bernie
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: Snow Business

Post by Bernie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi Rik with me being new I'm catching up on different topics and think your video of the loco running in the snow is splendid looks and sounds great.
Bernie