Another look at The Crowfoot Light Railway.

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Another look at The Crowfoot Light Railway.

Post by andymctractor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:57 pm

Another look at The Crowfoot Light Railway before the leaves carpet the garden for a few weeks.

https://youtu.be/Gfqa_6PtOQs

Hope it works.
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

philipy

Post by philipy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:53 am

That is very nice Andy, thanks for sharing.
Wish my line looked as neat and tidy as that, but the soggy leaves and apple bombs started decending on it a couple of weeks ago!
Philip

Soar Valley Light
Driver
Driver

Post by Soar Valley Light » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:21 pm

You certainly make great use of the space available to you. Every time I see clips of your line I think to myself, "That's a good idea, I must try and incorporate something like that".
So thanks for the inspiration again and thanks for sharing this latest clip.

Andrew
"Smith! Why do you only come to work four days a week?
"'cause I can't manage on three gaffer!"

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:43 pm

philipy:113891 wrote:Wish my line looked as neat and tidy as that-
Because of my dog I have to put away most of my scenic bits and pieces. I enjoy setting it up each time but it does take up to 2 hours to get everything out. This doesn't include the additional time beforehand for weeding, hoeing and trimming.
I have chopped out 3 large bamboo plants and have opened up the raised flower bed above the wall alongside Bramley Bank. This allows more sun to the railway which unfortunately showed up the dust in my camera as the clockwise train passed through Bramley Bank Station in the video.
I got rid of the Bramley apple tree that gave Bramley Bank it's name so no apple bombs. It used to be surrounded by the decking and made a hell of a racket any time of day or night when the fruit fell.

Thank you for your kind comments.
Regards
Andy McMahon

If it moves, salute it.  If it doesn't move, paint it. (RN sailors basic skills course 1968)

andymctractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by andymctractor » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:47 pm

[quote="Soar Valley Light:113897"]You certainly make great use of the space available to you. Every time I see clips of your line I think to myself, "That's a good idea, I must try and incorporate something like that".[/quote)
If you find yourself at a loss on 15th May 2016 I've got this date pencilled in for my next 16mm Ass. open day.
Of course I will mention this more widely once confirmed.
Regards
Andy McMahon

philipy

Post by philipy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:40 am

andymctractor:113899 wrote:
philipy:113891 wrote:Wish my line looked as neat and tidy as that-
Because of my dog I have to put away most of my scenic bits and pieces.  I enjoy setting it up each time but it does take up to 2 hours to get everything out.  

I got rid of the Bramley apple tree that gave Bramley Bank it's name so no apple bombs.  
I did wonder what your setting up time was, so thanks for that.

As for removing apple trees, my line runs under 9 Apple, a Cherry, 2 Plum, 4 Ash and an Elder, plus assorted shrubs, so no chance of removing that lot, I just have to put up with it.
Philip