(WH)WHR - screen debut!

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
Andrew

(WH)WHR - screen debut!

Post by Andrew » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:52 am

Hello!

I had a day off work yesterday, the first opportunity I've had to use the railway for months, soI took myself out into the garden and raised steam - only to find that the batteries were flat on my Accucraft Baldwin.

Margaret, my trusty RH "Little John" came to the rescue, trundling up and down with a short goods. I took some video clips while I was at it, which I've now done some basic editing on - it's the first time I've either filmed or edited, but I think the results are OK. Well, OK if you ignore some slightly dodgy running - I always thought I managed relatively sensible speeds, but the evidence of some of these clips suggests otherwise! I'll be more careful next time I film...

Anyway, I hope you like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW1xNe38iWc

Cheers,

Andrew.

Gralyn
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Gralyn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:38 pm

I enjoyed watching, so not bad for a first attempt. I never manage to remember to put a title on my video clips.
Well Done, I give it a Seven!
Regards Graham.

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi Andrew,

Great looking line :)

Do you find that with your RH Little John that you cannot achieve slow shunting speeds or was it because you had to video as well (I know it can be a bit hectic trying to film and operate locos!)

Thanks,

Tom

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:31 pm

Thanks for the kind words!

No, the Little John will run beautifully slowly, although it will accelerate wickedly quickly too! I think some of the the fast bits are due to over-nippy acceleration, and others are because what looks like a nice slow speed from above looks quicker from the camera, particularly when the train nears the camera. Next time...

Cheers,

Andrew

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Very pleasant!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:34 pm

A good opportunity to seize the moment and share the experience with us too! Thanks for that, most enjoyable.
Your slate-work has matured nicely and the planting generally makes a good backdrop. All very nice.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

Soar Valley Light
Driver
Driver

Post by Soar Valley Light » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:28 pm

Andrew,

I have to agree with Peter, it's all looking very settled into the landscape now. It's really encouraging to see how quickly this has happened. Youve come miles since your first posts about the line.

You wood lice seem to like living dangerously - I should have a word with them about appointing a lookout!
"Smith! Why do you only come to work four days a week?
"'cause I can't manage on three gaffer!"

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:05 pm

Soar Valley Light:113898 wrote:You wood lice seem to like living dangerously - I should have a word with them about appointing a lookout!
I may have to make them hi-vis vests... I rather like woodlice, which is just as well because they seem to be the dominant species in our back garden - they've taken to climbing up the apple tree and making nice little homes for themselves in the fruit...

Dwayne
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Dwayne » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:29 pm

Enjoyed watching, thanks for sharing.